WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

3 hours ago, scabab said:

You shouldn't be so cocky, if you're a mod then it should have been on you to not let this forum become such an embarrassment.

This is how things are now merely because of bad moderation that would never have been allowed on Mojo. Even one of your fellow mods admitted the forum had gone to shit.

Dammit Scabab, I'm a moderator not a magician.  And this site is run very well.  Why are you directing your immature diatribes at me.  I'm just here to keep the place running smoothly.  If you truly have a beef with this place, contact @Telemachos or Water Bottle.  They are the admins here and what they say goes.

Seems to me like you just need a sounding board and someone to bounce your anger off of.  Maybe you're not getting what you need from your life outside the forums and you feel the best way to blow off some steam is type out a few insults and call out site and the people who run it, idiots.  

Cool....hope you get it all out of your system in the next 24 hours.....you might not be here much longer.  

Image result for well bye tombstone

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Neither baumer nor any of the mods make the rules about how this forum is run. I happen to think you're looking at Mojo with pretty rosy glasses but the fact of the matter is, we aren't Mojo. Yes, we have a lot of posters who migrated from there but in no way, shape, or form has BOT ever intended to be exactly what Mojo was and nothing more. 

If you have an issue, talk to Water Bottle or myself instead of yelling at the other staff-members.

Mojo wasn't perfect but it was one of the better forums I've known because people stayed on topic and the posts weren't relevant to the topic.

I know that this isn't the same but the irrelevant posts outweigh the relevant ones in these threads. You come here to find the early numbers and estimates, you shouldn't have to wade through pages of gifs, random face images, the same tiresome jokes, people swearing and ranting and going on about being banned.

This is why you're supposed to have mods in the first place.

6 minutes ago, scabab said:

This isn't a home, it's a forum. This is a thread about weekend box office figures. You're a mod and you let people post Irrelevant gifs which they think are funny and let users ramble on about racism and people being "racist ass bitch asses".

This is all just down to bad moderation that just let's this stuff happen now. It didn't happen on Mojo because the mods like Impact were able to keep the forum under control and on topic.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

And let's not get all nostalgic about the Mojo forums.  That place wasn't well run, and that was all because of he which won't be named.  There's a reason there was a mass exodus from that place.  And there's also a reason why some mods voluntarily stepped down....because he who won't be named was a tyrant and didn't care about the forums, only about the sound of his own fingers hitting the keys as he typed out the latest attempt at pissing off the masses.  

This place is much better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scabab said:

Mojo wasn't perfect but it was one of the better forums I've known because people stayed on topic and the posts weren't relevant to the topic.

I know that this isn't the same but the irrelevant posts outweigh the relevant ones in these threads. You come here to find the early numbers and estimates, you shouldn't have to wade through pages of gifs, random face images, the same tiresome jokes, people swearing and ranting and going on about being banned.

My advice to you:

Image result for why don't you make like a tree and get out of here

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scabab said:

I know that this isn't the same but the irrelevant posts outweigh the relevant ones in these threads. You come here to find the early numbers and estimates, you shouldn't have to wade

through pages of gifs, random face images, the same tiresome jokes, people swearing and ranting and going on about being banned.

but those are what makes the forum fun.

someone should update the first post with numbers.   we can have both: numbers and fun. join in. don't leave

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, scabab said:

This isn't a home, it's a forum. This is a thread about weekend box office figures. You're a mod and you let people post Irrelevant gifs which they think are funny and let users ramble on about racism and people being "racist ass bitch asses".

This is all just down to bad moderation that just let's this stuff happen now. It didn't happen on Mojo because the mods like Impact were able to keep the forum under control and on topic.

@Impact and @Vanilla and yes @baumer were all mods on BOM that are mods on BOT. When @Shawn opened BOT, he did so the vision of a more relaxed and lenient forum. Mojo was more strict-too strict in my mind. I think it says something we keep growing despite doing little to no advertising and no longer being affiliated with a major site. Most people seem happy with the way the site is being run. 

If you don't enjoy how the forum is being run, I'm sorry. We try to balance the numbers discussion with the community having fun while they wait for numbers. 

If you don't like "gifs" and people rambling about stuff and want to discuss just numbers, well I don't see that. I see you rambling about how the site is being ran instead.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Dammit Scabab, I'm a moderator not a magician.  And this site is run very well.  Why are you directing your immature diatribes at me.  I'm just here to keep the place running smoothly.  If you truly have a beef with this place, contact @Telemachos or Water Bottle.  They are the admins here and what they say goes.

Seems to me like you just need a sounding board and someone to bounce your anger off of.  Maybe you're not getting what you need from your life outside the forums and you feel the best way to blow off some steam is type out a few insults and call out site and the people who run it, idiots.  

Cool....hope you get it all out of your system in the next 24 hours.....you might not be here much longer.  

Image result for well bye tombstone

I never said the mods were idiots. You'd have realised that if you paid more attention to what I said as opposed to trying to be funny to get more people to like your comments.

I said the moderation is bad because it lets these things happen. If another mod is saying the forum has gone to shit then that's a problem with the forum and not me.

Now you're threatening my stay on the forum for pointing this out but the ones who again are rambling about racism, swearing and spamming gifs are just fine.

4 minutes ago, scabab said:

We have specific rules for our weekend threads that are different from Mojo. Based on what a majority of our users want, we allow some fun and off-topic discussion as long as it doesn't get to be too much. We also make sure that the current numbers are always updated in the title (with a page reference where you can find them first reported), and we often put them in the first post as well.

The numbers aren't hard to find. Discussion about them waxes and wanes depending on how recently they were posted. 

The mods do a great job of enforcing the rules that we admins have put in place. If you want the weekend threads to be nothing but numbers and discussion of those numbers, your opinion is noted but at this time you're in the minority. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Alli said:

People will always love Tobey M because he was the first one. People are attached to his interpretation.

I  am one of them.

I won't go and watch SMH, not because I don't think it wouldn't be a good movie.

I just object to the continual rebooting of the character once he reaches 20 and to not give my money to them is the only way I have of making my objection heard.

I wouldn't go to a Batman or Superman reboot for the same reason.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Neither baumer nor any of the mods make the rules about how this forum is run. I happen to think you're looking at Mojo with pretty rosy glasses but the fact of the matter is, we aren't Mojo. Yes, we have a lot of posters who migrated from there but in no way, shape, or form has BOT ever intended to be exactly what Mojo was and nothing more. 

If you have an issue, talk to Water Bottle or myself instead of yelling at the other staff-members.

Anybody with half a brain knows BOT is 100 times better than the BOM forums.

The only reason BOM was semi-popular was because it was all we had. I think this is the first person who dedicated multiple post towards saying BOT should be more like BOM.

It's gotta be a troll or hater from a less successful BO forum.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

The only reason BOM was semi-popular was because it was all we had. I think this is the first person who dedicated multiple post towards saying BOT should be more like BOM.

Pretty sure he has been a member here since forever.

• Community Manager
Just now, grey ghost said:

Let's not call people who don't like how the site is being run a troll or a hater. The fact is we can't please everyone with how the site was run.  We can only try to cater to the community at large. But people have always been free to disagree with the staff as long as they follow the rules and remain respectful. :)

• Like 7

I don't really comment a lot but I love these forums, I really like to follow Box Office numbers closely and watch people's impression. It is stupid to be complaining about something that you could be avoiding pretty easy. 

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

And let's not get all nostalgic about the Mojo forums.  That place wasn't well run, and that was all because of he which won't be named.  There's a reason there was a mass exodus from that place.  And there's also a reason why some mods voluntarily stepped down....because he who won't be named was a tyrant and didn't care about the forums, only about the sound of his own fingers hitting the keys as he typed out the latest attempt at pissing off the masses.  

This place is much better.

Spoiler

could someone please tell me who "he who shall not be named" is because I'm really curious

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Let's not call people who don't like how the site is being run a troll or a hater. The fact is we can't please everyone with how the site was run.  We can only try to cater to the community at large. But people have always been free to disagree with the staff as long as they follow the rules and remain respectful. :)

Well I guess as long as you guys aren't too democratic and give him mod powers. :rofl:

• Like 9