That One Girl

San Diego Comic-Con 2017 | July 20-23 | Christopher Nolan has a movie out in theaters

7 hours ago, Pendragon said:

I watched a couple of episodes but this show doesn't have a large enough fanbase for a movie.

I think they might just be in development. And that Lionsgate is waiting a few seasons to see what happens in terms of popularity.

17 hours ago, SuperBatman said:

Well Consider me out of the loop I have never heard of that TV Cartoon Series whatever it was.

Some Sinclair channels on broadcast TV are showing Miraculous Ladybug on weekday mornings as part of a morning block called Kids Click.  It just started at the beginning of this month.

18 hours ago, YourMother said:

In the vein of Power Rangers and Pony, Lionsgate keeps on cracking out TV movie adaptations.

16 hours ago, Pendragon said:

I watched a couple of episodes but this show doesn't have a large enough fanbase for a movie.

What I see in common between the three properties, besides being TV shows, is that they each have a vocal online fandom.  Maybe Lionsgate wants movies with existing vocal fan bases to make it easier to promote them?  However, other franchise properties don't get talked about as much, yet have strong box office runs when new movies appear.

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Spawn will be produced by Jason Blum. Wonder how it will square with his "3M dollars budget max" rul

Maybe it'll be an exception and be produced for say $30-40m. Split was $9m so he does go over that rule.

Just now, Jonwo said:

Maybe it'll be an exception and be produced for say $30-40m. Split was $9m so he does go over that rule.

He isn't going to 30-40M just like that. I would guess they are looking at 20M or so given that McFarlane wants to make it a much smaller story focused on characters who aren't Spawn and how they react to Spawn.

• Like 1

At first I was kind of shocked that Fox showed nothing from their CBM slate but then I realized they probably have nothing for New Mutants and anything Deadpool related can get released via social media and get millions of hits within the hour. So they're probably going to wait until they get a really good first trailer cut before releasing anything. There's no point in rushing something out when like I mentioned Deadpool material gets around fast on social media. But I am still shocked that they dedicated their entire panel to Kingsman. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but I don't think anyone really cares for the film THAT much to where it gets its own panel. So for that I think Fox dropped the ball

• Like 4

DFUFQzdXgAAWLCk?format=jpg

This is Jason Momoa's last post. 

If you saw Wonder Woman, you know these are the exact models from the DC intro that played before the movie.

Its obvious why they took out the 6 JL members because of the movie, but why is Green Lantern there?

Green Lantern is a staple character and all, but why would you plaster him alongside the main team at your Hall H panel, when you currently have no recent plans for him?

Unless....we're getting something Interesting tomorrow...

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

If you saw Wonder Woman, you know these are the exact models from the DC intro that played before the movie.

Its obvious why they took out the 6 JL members because of the movie, but why is Green Lantern there?

Green Lantern is a staple character and all, but why would you plaster him alongside the main team at your Hall H panel, when you currently have no recent plans for him?

Yeah it will be interesting ... since Henry Cavill have been teasing GL this whole year as well. Perhaps GL will be teased in the JL movie, cant' wait.

Maybe they are announcing the actors to play Hal Jordan and John Stewart for the Green Lateran Corps movie at the JL panel? That would be pretty cool!

Just keep Ryan Reynolds the hell away and we should be good.

Edited by Mojoguy

1 hour ago, UNDERDOG said:

He's trolling

Better chance of me sleeping with Rihanna than GL ever making it to the big screen in the next 10 years

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

Astonished and bewildered that no one brought this up before, but Iron Fist was renewed for a second season.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/iron-fist-renewed-season-2-netflix-1202503174/

Rejoice @Chewy @MrPink. Unfortunately, there's no word on whether Scott Buck is returning. Here's hoping that he does!

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

Astonished and bewildered that no one brought this up before, but Iron Fist was renewed for a second season.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/iron-fist-renewed-season-2-netflix-1202503174/

Rejoice @Chewy @MrPink. Unfortunately, there's no word on whether Scott Buck is returning. Here's hoping that he does!

Oh god no