CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

4 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

All right, but 

not because you begged,

nor because you demanded. 

I like playing these silly games too much,

however it isn't that fair to a sleepy guy like yourself.

I apologize for stringing you out, but

listen, this is something I think -- I hope -- you'll find

awesome too. I dunno about #casuals like WrathofHan, but maybe he'll

turn into a fine upstanding young man with 

integrity and fortitude, 

once he gets a semester or two of college under his belt.

Needless to say, this took longer to type than I expected. :lol: 

I thought you said somewhere it wasn't that one so I kept trying to think of other things that made sense.

Goddammit I had the answer the whole tiiiiiiiime.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Tele hyping up Annihilation since he watched it just means it will flop horribly and be ignored at the Oscars.

And here I thought it was something coming out for the rest of the year. What a disappointment. I'm going to sleep now.

• Sad 1

i feel like rihanna cursed valerian. why would you even hire a popstar? it's like you're asking for your movie to fail. ever since madonna's film career bombed tragically all popstars have more or less been cursed when it comes to movies. 

• Astonished 1

Just now, La Binoche said:

i feel like rihanna cursed valerian. why would you even hire a popstar? it's like you're asking for your movie to fail. ever since madonna's film career bombed tragically all popstars have more or less been cursed when it comes to movies. 

And yet another pop star is in a big hit this weekend. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

That B- Cinemascore for Valerian, yikes

Hard to draw too many conclusions when we have 47 Meters Down and Spidey Homecoming sitting there as recent examples of the possible disconnect between supposedly good or bad WOM on paper and the actual WOM as shown by legs at the box office. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Tele hyping up Annihilation since he watched it just means it will flop horribly and be ignored at the Oscars.

So that's the movie. 

25 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I think i might have seen four Oscar Contenders already

Get Out

Dunkirk

Mystery movie 1

Mystery movie 2

I think dunkirk is pretty lock for that spot, but GO seems a bit "unstable" , and I hope Apes could surprise here.

Oscar final contenders normally are low profile, anti-crowd pleaser type of drama, so i don't expect to hear any of them during summer 

24 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I don't think it was her fault. Rihanna also had Home(although she voiced it) grossed $177 million.

But yeah she was in Battleship, and played Marion Crane in the now cancelled "Bates Motel" show.

Oceans '8 could do well, if it's good and if the cast prove to be the draw. And she could do well in a supporting in a comedy if done right.

muisicians are tough to pull in films, like  Madonna. But Beyoncé pulled it off with primarily a sequel and a stalker thriller. Tupac had some hits but nothing blockbuster level but profitable nonetheless. Justin Timberlake had flops. Ice Cube and Will Smith were probably the big ones! As for Harry Styles, Dunkirk is a hit but will be interesting to see how long his career lasts if he's like Prince and have Purple Rain then have a bomb 2 years later.

29 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Whitney Houston would disagree with this statement. The Bodyguard and Waiting to Exhale weren't exactly flops.