CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I love the recommended post showing RTH.

Especially because this forum isn't very mobile phone friendly when trying to find a page number. 

The only problem is when you go to a new page and get momentarily excited that Rth has made a new post. 

3 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Ok, I'll bite....forgive me SMH and Apes lovers....

SMH isn't nearly well liked by the general public as it is by a small amount of loonies1....they changed too much in SMH and it doesn't feel like a Spidey movie....as for Apes, it's just too damn depressing and it's not a fun film to watch2 and they commit the cardinal sin...so wom is not good.  

True1 and true2.

• Like 1

Universal’s Girls Trip landed director Malcolm D. Lee his second A+ CinemaScore tonight following the director’s 2013 movie The Best Man Holiday. Girls Trip is headed toward a $29.2M opening, a solid start for a movie that cost under $20M.

And Luc Besson’s passion project Valerian and the City of One Thousand Planets is moon dust with $16.7M at 3,553 theaters in fifth place.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/dunkirk-valerian-girls-trip-weekend-box-office-opening-1202132847/

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Wonder Woman's 92% is even more impressive when you consider it has 100 more reviews than Baby Driver, Dunkirk, Spider-Man, Apes and The Big Sick. 

:wub:

55 more than Homecoming. Dunkirk will match/come close to it in review total given the overwhelming praise... Usually, that results in more critics chiming in.

That’s a very good start for this movie I’m told, one which will enable this British World War II title to leg out to a 3x multiple.

"Apparently I have no idea about box office, but I read somewhere that was a decent number."

• Haha 3

One film financier pointed out to Deadline that Valerian‘s production cost was far too high when it came to starting a new franchise. While the figure $180M has been floated out there as Valerian‘s budget, many tell me the net production cost really is $205M. Breaking down the film’s financing structure is akin to a Calculus project, but make no mistake, despite any foreign pre-sales, tax credits, etc, both STXfilms and EuropaCorp will be stung by the financial outcome of this film.

Edited by a2knet
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Still a north of $50 million start is great for Dunkirk, and Girls Trip getting closer to $30 million is also very good. Saturday matinees should help out as Dunkirk has adult audiences and Girls Trip has women audiences to bring in some cash.

As for Valerian, it was gonna either way. Hopefully STX and Luc Besson/EuropaCorp learn their lesson not to make a $200+ film that tries to something that it's not and putting Cara Delevigne's ugly ass(although her ass is better than her face, no offense) as the lead is poisonous.

Dunkirk completely over-performed. Didn't think it could beat Interstellar. Get Out is the biggest original so far this year. Dunkirk will need about 3.5x with a 50 ow to beat it.