Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (The Last Chapter): DUNKIRK:$6.44M | GT:$3.46M | SMH:$3.36M | APES:$2.9M | DP3:$2.32M | VAL:$1.82M | WW:$0.73M

20 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Very vague and casual calcs:

WONDR should add 2.1-2.2 on Tue+Wed+Thu combined for ~391.9 cume.

Then 3.1 over FSS (-32.6%) will give it 395 next weekend.

Could touch 400 as early as next to next weekend. (5m more over the whole week)

403 a week after that. (3m over the whole week)

405 a week after that (2m over the whole week)

406.3 a week after that (1.3m over the whole week)

407.3 a week after that assuming that's Labor Day FSS. (1m over the whole week)

408 a week after that. (0.7m over the whole week including Labor Day Monday)

1m+ more in rest of run including dollar bump, should take it over IM3.

Wonder Woman currently 2.4M ahead of THG on running total right now. Will continue gaining for another 11 days at least. Should be 3.6M ahead at the end of this weekend and 5M ahead at the end of next weekend before THG starts closing the gap. That buffer will be needed if it wants to surpass THG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Ok.

Inception dropped 47%.

And then dropped 4% on Tuesday. I think the Discount Tuesday factor makes this a pretty nice drop for Dunkirk.

I'm tracking it next to the Apes movie from last week and it's in pretty good shape after Monday. 

• Thanks 1

Holy fak @ this year's TIFF lineup: http://www.tiff.net/the-review/the-toronto-international-film-festival-unveils-first-slate-of-films-for/

Battle of the Sexes

The Brawler

Breathe

The Catcher was a Spy

Darkest Hour

Downsizing

I, Tonya

Kings

Lady Bird

Long Time Running

Mary Shelley

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women

mother!

The Mountain Between Us

Mudbound

A Season in France

The Shape of Water

Stronger

Submergence

Suburbicon

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

They Killed my Father

Woman Walks Ahead

There's a fuckton more too, including stuff that's already premiered like Call Me by Your Name and Novitiate. 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Paramount has their 3 prestige pics for the rest of the year premiering at TIFF. I'm really curious to see how Downsizing fares with how mixed the test screening rumblings have been.

Seems like a new low box office wise for Paramount. Hail.

Mother, Shape of the Water and Downsizing are the only ones I'm interested in. They sound so amazing and different. The rest is business as usual. Too bad neither of my 3 picks will win the Best Picture come the Oscars. Nothing political about them and we know that only political stuff wins these days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnick said:

DUNKIRK GROSSED A STRONG $6.4M ON MONDAY, DOWN JUST 51% - Total: $56.9M

WONDER WOMAN WITH $0.74M ON MONDAY, DOWN JUST 15% from last week, WOW!!!!

Oh my God! Over CA:CW and IM3 is a LEGIT possibility!

Nice_Legs.jpg

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Mother, Shape of the Water and Downsizing are the only ones I'm interested in. They sound so amazing and different. The rest is business as usual. Too bad neither of my 3 picks will win the Best Picture come the Oscars. Nothing political about them and we know that only political stuff wins these days. 

I'm not sure if you are serious many recent winner had nothing political about them, last year it was la la land vs Moonlight both very apolitical movie, Birdman was 0 political, 12 year's a slave 0 political, The Artist 0 political, King Speech not so much either, The Departed, No Country for Old men, SlumDog, not political at all,  Crash/Hurt Locker/Spotlight being the only one with some political aspect recently.

Anyway the Tiff director said both Mother and Shape of the water could be interpreted as really political allegory.

Something I noticed that has started locally here just in July...Senior Mondays...they aren't QUITE as cheap as discount day, but they are a significant discount to push seniors to attend movies on one of the least attended days (and when they can have the theaters to themselves for their own meet-ups:)...

I have to imagine Dunkirk benefits largely from senior audiences, so I would also expect Dunkirk to have a slightly more muted Tuesday, not just b/c of Imax:)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

that's in 1998 and that is a better film.....

*Wish no nolan fans would send me a death threat 

It was an american focused films but I always forget what happened after the first 30 minutes and once even stopped watching after that 

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I'm not sure if you are serious many recent winner had nothing political about them, last year it was la la land vs Moonlight both very apolitical movie, Birdman was 0 political, 12 year's a slave 0 political, The Artist 0 political, King Speech not so much either, The Departed, No Country for Old men, SlumDog, not political at all,  Crash/Hurt Locker/Spotlight being the only one with some political aspect recently.

Anyway the Tiff director said both Mother and Shape of the water could be interpreted as really political allegory.

Moonlight,12YS, Spotlight, Hurt Locker, Slumdog were 100% political wins. They all sucked too. Slumdog was political cause Hollywood wanted to have slum kids on the stage and drop some donations. I bet they don't even remember those kids anymore, lol. That fad faded as soon as the show was over.