CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

12 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

12df48c4b6ddc7a0b1f6741d513ce7e5.png

d7d4fcb8ac7dbfa55d535c3c9b379431.png

???

do you really wanna enter that club  :)? if the JL thread could not carry out normal neutral chatter, imagine if a fan club will allow any talk other than prodigious praise. and i say that as a supporter of dceu, even if not a big fan. just my 2 cents...

EDIT: Actually just realized the club is run by @grim22 and @Mr.Pink and it's not like you will be at the mercy of fan-boys. So could be worth joining for those interested in the movie.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm glad that Annabelle is not going below $30m as some persons thought it would be.

I still can't believe that this is going to crush TC2 DOM, and it may have a shot OS as well. HOLY FUCK?!

I'll own up - I know as much about horror as adult comedy, so I'm not surprised it's hitting $30M+ even if I didn't expect it to early this week (it sold late, but better to sell late that not at all:)...

But bring me family animated and supers, and I'm golden...

So, was I the lowest Nut Job 2 predict at $7M?  Any chance it keeps going down since they won't even whisper what today's number is (probably b/c it's SO bad:)...

Anyway, someone should make a Leap vs Nut Job 2 OW club...b/c the hits just keep on coming for animated this month:)...

17 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Who do I have to contact to get into the DC discussion threads? @grim22

Nevermind I see you've already joined.  I'm not seeing anything posted in the club, but I don't know if that is an error or not.

Edited by Dbot1800

On 10/08/2017 at 6:30 AM, alisson23 said:

$30m is locked for Annabelle 2, unless a disgrace happens. U/O $35m is the question. I would say $39m 

On 10/08/2017 at 6:44 AM, KeepItU25071906 said:

wow. Brave predition.

21 hours ago, alisson23 said:

Again, $30m OW is locked for Annabelle 2. An increase from A1 is very likely

Do you want, @Deadline?

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That moment when a doll is a bigger draw at the summer box office than big names like Tom Cruise, Matthew McConaughey, Dwayne Johnson, Scarlett Johansson, or Will Ferrell.

Related image

True. Will beat Mummy's ow handily. Not to mention V, AB, DT ows are not even close. Should beat A:C's 36 too. Felt like summer ended with Dunkirk, but no...ANNABELLE 2 is very much a major opener.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That moment when a doll is a bigger draw at the summer box office than big names like Tom Cruise, Matthew McConaughey, Dwayne Johnson, Scarlett Johansson, or Will Ferrell.

Related image

Well that doll has something all of them don't. Tomato Law!!!

Might I be a little cynical and add that 35+ though likely is not locked ^_^

I can imagine OD coming down to 15-16:

5 + 10-11 + 11 (+0 to 10%) + 7.5 (-32%) = 33.5-34.5 ow (15-16 od)

Again, being pessimistic.

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Annabelle was so good!!

I was actually really scared a few times. 

Bravo! 

I wasn't impressed with Lights Out, so well done to the director. 

It was brilliant.

I liked Lights Out a lot but it does drag in last act especially. The gimmick get's repetitive after a while.  

Glad you enjoyed A2. 

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Related image

The best thing for WB/New Line is that the doll doesn't demand a huge upfront salary or backend so it's a win win!

Edited by Jonwo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, alisson23 said:

What the f is this prediction? 2.2x with no big competition and good wom? Even TC 2 did 2.5x+ with big competition.

I just reduced it a bit from A1's 2.27x. Granted that was crap so this one can match it's multiplier. Still find 2.3-2.4x to be the high-end for a horror sequel to a movie that did 2.27x.

57 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm glad that Annabelle is not going below $30m as some persons thought it would be.

I still can't believe that this is going to crush TC2 DOM, and it may have a shot OS as well. HOLY FUCK?!

Beeing part in The Conjuring universe is now a major drawing factor i believe. These films are beloved critically and in the GA (aside from the 1st Annabelle). Moreover, the marketplace is just dead and horror fans are given the first offering since Feburary (well maybe Emoji counts as horror, but you get the point).

• Like 1