WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

Pathetic weekend. Sure, horribly depressed Saturday due to Harvey + MayGregor, but still, come the fuck on. Only one movie barely above 10M is just woeful.

And I can only imagine how much worse is it gonna be next weekend. O/U 90% chance that #1 for the 3-day doesn't cross 10M?

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Teen boys buying tickets to Home Again will raise many red flags to theater employees :lol: 

Usher: "These teen boys are going to see that movie where Reese shares a home with three young dudes because we can't sell tickets to them to see Pennywise the Dancing Clown. Should we kick them out?"

Theater Manager: "Nah, let them be."

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Usher: "These teen boys are going to see that movie where Reese shares a home with three young dudes because we can't sell tickets to them to see Pennywise the Dancing Clown. Should we kick them out?"

Reserved seating helps cut down on underage kids getting into R rated movies. Unless it's a massive auditorium or isn't selling much, two sets of tickets are required, and even then they still might end up with shitty seats in the former scenario.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

A horror film that came out in Early 2016 overseas with that chick from Fear the Walking Dead :rofl: Entertainment Studios is releasing it, and after how much we all underestimated 47 Meters Down, I'll give them some benefit of the doubt. I can easily see it doing sub-10M though, especially with the number of horror films surrounding it

Brad Jones did a midnight screening of it, and it sounds about as good as you expect. Ha!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAR said:

So is there any reason why Leap was animated?  

It's a Canadian animated film, and it's original titled was Ballerina actually. It was animated, um, because they wanted to sell some generic pop songs. 

For the record I've actually heard it's not that bad.

17 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's a Canadian animated film, and it's original titled was Ballerina actually. It was animated, um, because they wanted to sell some generic pop songs. 

For the record I've actually heard it's not that bad.

I thought it was French! the original version is meant to be fine but I assume it's been Weinsteined into a turkey!

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Decided to look up Home Again and Google autocomplete searched for Home Alone instead. Surprisingly, for such a beloved movie, Home Alone is at 56% on RT. That's way lower than I expected. I think it was the last movie to be #1 over both the Thanksgiving and the Christmas weekends.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Decided to look up Home Again and Google autocomplete searched for Home Alone instead. Surprisingly, for such a beloved movie, Home Alone is at 56% on RT. That's way lower than I expected. I think it was the last movie to be #1 over both the Thanksgiving and the Christmas weekends.

Probably because they're only counting reviews posted from back when it was released for the most part. It's critical reception has definitely improved over time. 

50 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Sounds like Spidey might keep theaters til October if everything coming really is R...that's unbelievable to me, to not having anything for teens to hit on Friday/Saturday night except an animated movie...

Not really, it's September which is usually a downtime for the studios. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Probably because they're only counting reviews posted from back when it was released for the most part. It's critical reception has definitely improved over time. 

They are mainly counting from time of release, which makes it a great look at the reception at the time. Honestly didn't think it had that mixed a reception among critics.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Not really, it's September which is usually a downtime for the studios. 

And even then, with majority of the movies rated R, some either just movie hop or buy a ticket to another movie and sneak in.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I thought it was French! the original version is meant to be fine but I assume it's been Weinsteined into a turkey!

It's French / Canadian, and yes the original version was supposed to be fine. Weinstein took it and tried to cut-it-up in an attempt to make it appealing for general audiences, and poor Dane DeHaan had his voice replaced. At least his name isn't involved with another "bummer" this year. 

Just now, grim22 said:

They are mainly counting from time of release, which makes it a great look at the reception at the time. Honestly didn't think it had that mixed a reception among critics.

I think a lot of critics went back and appreciated the movie much more after all of the terrible copycats it inspired in the years following its release. Unlike those movies, it has a lot of heart.