CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

9 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Holy shit! And it did this with FL being out of commission on Sat and Sun (I live in Tampa - everything closed midday Saturday)?! I knew the hype was incredibly large but not that large. WOM seems to be really good too. Excited to watch this again once everything returns to normal in the next few days here. This area was mostly spared compared to the rest of the state.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, trifle said:

What I originally posted was already here, sort of!

Did any of you who saw It see the mother! trailer? if so, was it effective?

It got a mediocre reaction with my theater. Not as bad as flatliners though. I heard multiple people say it looks like it is going to suck. Mother seemed to get just a meh reaction. Looks like lots of people wanna see happy death day and Jigsaw though

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Sunday drop is a bit harsh isn't it?

I suspect people staying home to watch Irma hit Florida and it being the first Sunday of the NFL had a lot to do with that.

But that 100 Million plus figure is even more remarkable when you figure that the theaters were closed in Florida.one of the  biggest in population US States.

1 hour ago, UNDERDOG said:

It was effective....

In getting people to roll their eyes.

The previous trailer was better, this new one with the whole "YOU'LL NEVER FORGET WHERE YOU WERE WHEN YOU SAW MOTHER!" reeked of pretentiousness.

I can't believe they brought back that cheesy 90s voiceover style. I tried to not watch the trailer because I'm seeing that this week (so I closed my eyes and tried to cover my ears), but I could still hear it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trifle said:

What I originally posted was already here, sort of!

Did any of you who saw It see the mother! trailer? if so, was it effective?

I thought it was really good and it got a good reaction at my screening, don't know why other people found it to be bad.

• Like 1

:o  A 100 Million Horror OW. 

It seems you can pretty much add "It" to the list with "The Force Awakens", "Rouge One", "Jurassic World" and "Beauty and the Beast" in the recent "Nostalgia Bump" category.   The difference, it's R-Rated so it makes the numbers pop out even more.   It took down "Reloaded (Unadjusted) and almost got "Deadpool" too.   I remember the original television special growing up and of course the novel was popular as well.   But even with the good trailer response, this is way beyond expectations.   I think this definitely shows the popularity again of the novel and original special.  Stephen King is a Legend, his stories never get old.  Now the fun begins watching this thing because summer is ending and we are in September but everything now is icing on the cake, it's already a massive success with that low budget.  

Edited by filmscholar