CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

3 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Then it means it did not have the great reception as you thought it did. The reception from the general audience isn't necessarily in line with from critics or online reactions.

Or, being a sequel to both TWS and AoU, not to mention being in a long established franchise, just meant that people largely knew if they wanted to see Civil War or not before it even released. 

Non-sequels like IT are more likely to grab viewers who initially wrote the film off for its genre or the trailer if WOM and reviews are strong. 

• Like 1

My theater has ~$36,000 from 7pm on ONLY for IT today or almost 3 times yesterday's preview number.  I didn't check matinees, but at the very least the 5pm to 7pm shows were full so plenty to add to this total.  If I were to guess on the entire day I'd say today this theater made conservatively 350% of yesterday's number for the whole day which would extrapolate to ~47M (60.5m including previews). Surrounding theaters with many sellouts so I guess we will see how much less the rest of the country did.

I wouldn't be surprised if IT's numbers have already been deflated. There's a whole state that's been in mass exodus for the past two days. And other areas preparing for the hurricane to hit. 

So im not sure exactly how big this Sunday drop will be but I don't think it's going to be as big as I previously thought it would be 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ, that was one of the worst adaptations I've ever seen. I don't usually judge on faithfulness to source material, but King should be ashamed he endorsed it.

Of course, I am referring to THE DARK TOWER

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Carrie would be the hottest Stephen King property to remake right now if Sony had not made that 2013 version.

I could never buy Chloe Grace Moretz as Carrie part of the issue was she's an attractive girl.  Whereas Inthe original Sissy Spacek is a very plain looking woman which helped I think helped the story better