That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think this has a shot over HT3 domestic as number 2 family film of the summer.

Is JW2 not a family film then? Pretty sure that and I2 will be above :wintf:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is at 3.3M views on YouTube after a day; Mary Poppins had 3.4M by comparison. 

200.gif

Yeah, this is going to be bigger than expected. The teaser had people crying. And I think it’s appealing to men in a way that Mary Poppins isn’t. It also tells you more about the movie compared to the Mary Poppins teaser, which was also overshadowed by the Oscars. 

I liked Pooh as a kid, but after suffering through watching every Winnie the Pooh movie on Netflix on repeat (thanks to my little brother), I didn’t expect to feel so happy when I heard his voice. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Is JW2 not a family film then? Pretty sure that and I2 will be above :wintf:

I think a strictly family film is rated PG or under. Jurassic World is a 4-quadrant film that does attract families, but I wouldn't classify it as a family film because of the PG-13 violence and subject matter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I think a strictly family film is rated PG or under. Jurassic World is a 4-quadrant film that does attract families, but I wouldn't classify it as a family film because of the PG-13 violence and subject matter.

Ah okay, that makes sense.

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I think this could be the biggest film from July to August. 

Ant-Man 2? Mamma Mia 2? MI:whatever?

Edited by feasby007

4 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Yeah, this is going to be bigger than expected. The teaser had people crying. And I think it’s appealing to men in a way that Mary Poppins isn’t. It also tells you more about the movie compared to the Mary Poppins teaser, which was also overshadowed by the Oscars. 

I liked Pooh as a kid, but after suffering through watching every Winnie the Pooh movie on Netflix on repeat (thanks to my little brother), I didn’t expect to feel so happy when I heard his voice. 

I imagine we won't another Poppins trailer for a while, it'll probably be with Christopher Robin. I'm sure the next Christopher Robin trailer will be with The Incredibles 2. 

• Like 3

Just now, feasby007 said:

Ah okay, that makes sense.

Ant-Man 2? Mamma Mia 2?

I can see it. 

Say Robin breaks out and does $70M OW, I can see strong legs with good WOM. 

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

That teaser did make me cry a bit. I grew up on Winnie The Pooh and had all of the Pooh movies on VHS/DVD. This is the first Disney remake I’ve been hyped for.

I've always liked the films and the books and I was unsure whether a live action version could work but I think it might be very good. If Disney could make the remake of Pete's Dragon better than the original then Christopher Robin should be fine. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if this film will have a villain? They're implying it's Mark Gatiss' character but I'm not sure how it'd work. 

Pooh stories don't usually tend to have real antagonists, and are better for it. If there is an antagonist, it'll probably only be in the "misunderstanding / slightly" threatening type way. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Pooh stories don't usually tend to have real antagonists, and are better for it. If there is an antagonist, it'll probably only be in the "misunderstanding / slightly" threatening type way. 

Maybe Christopher Robin's boss also needs to find his empathy but I wouldn't be surprised if Christopher Robin's daughter is a huge part of it as well, maybe Pooh is there not only to find Christopher Robin's imagination again but also connect with his family again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Maybe Christopher Robin's boss also needs to find his empathy but I wouldn't be surprised if Christopher Robin's daughter is a huge part of it as well, maybe Pooh is there not only to find Christopher Robin's imagination again but also connect with his family again. 

It literally is the British HOOK, isn't it?

• Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1