That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

1 minute ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

winnie the pooh is literally a teddy bear, why the fuck you all so stunned that the live action version is an actual teddy bear?

That's not the issue, the issue is the Pooh characters have a look that is nothing if not charming. This design is just odd and stiff. It doesn't look anywhere near as appealing as this:

Image result for winnie the pooh

Ok, I take that back. The fact that it looks too much like an actual teddy bear is the issue. The design should be inspired by a teddy bear, but they took it too far. It's like uncanny valley for stuffed animals. For example, Paddington's look in the films is inspired by a real bear cub, but they didn't try to make him look just like a real bear cub. They still imbued the design with a sense of charm and whimsy that would be missing if they had literally tried to make him look just like a talking bear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

This is a movie set in the actual Pooh world. The Margot Robbie movie was the biopic (about Pooh's creator and his family).

Kinda like Saving Mr.Banks was a biopic about P.L Travers, the creator of Mary Poppins (rather than Mary Poppins herself) & Walt Disney.

That kind of movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Terrible opinion time, Paddington looked horrible to me, he reminded me of the old Country Bears movie.

Opinions and all, but wow. I literally can't think of a more endearing looking CGI animal creation in movies than Paddington. It's a huge part of why the films work so well. 

Edited by MovieMan89

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

No, so the other movie with Margot Robbie was ?

Too many pooh movies I guess, I am lost ...

yes, it was. It was about A A Milne, who wrote Winnie the Pooh. This one is a fictional movie about the fictional Christopher Robin who is a character in Winnie the Pooh.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

The Pooh design is horrendous.  I have no idea how that design got past so many people at Disney to get approved. When you compare it to the lovable and charming design and CGI of Paddington it's especially bad. Otherwise, I like the teaser and concept seems promising. But it's not going to work if the Pooh characters don't like right or as charming as they do in the books/animated films. 

I have to agree. The whole charm of the original drawings for the Milne books,and which Disney did capture in his original Pooh animated films, has been totally lost.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Look like another Pete's Dragon. 80mil at best.

And I suspect "Nutcracker" will be the same story. Not a huge release for Disney.if they make a decent profit on a mid level budget, the Mouse will be satisfied.

• Like 1