grim22

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies | WB | July 27 2018 | Animated movie

Just now, That One Guy said:

nah I don't care, I just think the show sucks and making a movie will only take up screen space at my theater..

...plus I'll probably end up seeing it out of morbid curiosity and I wanna avoid that at ALL COSTS.

I guess because I have two sons who are getting older and I've been watching terrible shows for years Teen titans doesn't seem all that bad to me. 

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I guess because I have two sons who are getting older and I've been watching terrible shows for years Teen titans doesn't seem all that bad to me. 

It's not but calling TTG a terrible show is the popular thing to do on the internet 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Teen Titans Go! as an animated film could get very annoying. I imagine the budget is low enough for it to make a decent profit. 

This will be WAG's first 2D animated film as well. Weird that they'll only be a small gap between it and Smallfoot.

Yeah I doubt this is all that good. The show can sometimes be fun, but at 12 minutes it often runs out of steam. Buffing it up 80 minutes is just gonna be just obnoxious. Budget shouldn't be very high though. 

I'll admit I'm also not a fan of how much CN has milked TTG either. It's almost always on the channel. It's basically become their own Spongebob (mentioned already, but it bares repeating), and they rely way too much on it.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Probably will be $10-20m at best so it'll make an easy profit and be shown on CN endlessly. 

TBH I thought it would be DC Superhero Girls that would get the film treatment acting as a pilot for the upcoming TV series.

I'm assuming DC Superhero Girls would get their own straight to DVD animated film, unless that's considered something entirely different (probably is).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

The Teen Titans brand is a goldmine that WB needs to take advantage ASAP.

TTG is an iconic, beloved show and the Perez/Wolfman comics are deservedly legendary.

Play your cards right, WB, and you will reap those benefits forevah...

I'd rather see this than the millionth Spidey or Bats assembly-line product...

I'd love to see more Teen Titans related material, preferably something more straight and serious then Go though. 

38 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I assume it's a WAG film in name only, I imagine it's being made by WBA who handle the TV series. It seems like an inexpensive project to boost the TV series and merchandise sales. I wonder if it'll even use the WAG branding

Doubtful. This could even be the finale for TV series too, unless they decide to keep it going forever.

I've actually been told that CN is more directly involved with TTG compared to other DC cartoons, hence the "red carpet treatment", that and it's flash, so it's cheap and easy to produce. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah I doubt this is all that good. The show can sometimes be fun, but at 12 minutes it often runs out of steam. Buffing it up 80 minutes is just gonna be just obnoxious. Budget shouldn't be very high though. 

I'll admit I'm also not a fan of how much CN has milked TTG either. It's almost always on the channel. It's basically become their own Spongebob (mentioned already, but it bares repeating), and they rely way too much on it.

I'm assuming DC Superhero Girls would get their own straight to DVD animated film, unless that's considered something entirely different (probably is).

I wonder if it was originally a DTV that got upgraded for feature release and with a budget increase. 

TTG is an oddity in that it's the only WBA show that hasn't been treated badly by CN. It's no surprise that WB ended up launching their own streaming services for Boomerang and DC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I've actually been told that CN is more directly involved with TTG compared to other DC cartoons, hence the "red carpet treatment", that and it's flash, so it's cheap and easy to produce. 

I wonder if like MLP, they'll use Toon Boom Harmony for the feature film so it doesn't look a feature length episode? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if it was originally a DTV that got upgraded for feature release and with a budget increase. 

TTG is an oddity in that it's the only WBA show that hasn't been treated badly by CN. It's no surprise that WB ended up launching their own streaming services for Boomerang and DC. 

Possibly. Maybe WB thinks they can make a cheap buck off it or something.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if like MLP, they'll use Toon Boom Harmony for the feature film so it doesn't look a feature length episode? 

Perhaps. I'm sure they'll use a different studio to make it look more theatrical, similar to The Spongebob Movie, where it doesn't look top-rate in terms of animation, but is more theatrical looking then say your typical animated TV movie. 

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

Perhaps. I'm sure they'll use a different studio to make it look more theatrical, similar to The Spongebob Movie, where it doesn't look top-rate in terms of animation, but is more theatrical looking then say your typical animated TV movie. 

Both SpongeBob movies have very good 2D animation, I'm still bemused how the second SpongeBob movie was more expensive but I assume it was due to the CGI and extensive live action. If TTG cost $20-30m then it should still have very good animation 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Both SpongeBob movies have very good 2D animation, I'm still bemused how the second SpongeBob movie was more expensive but I assume it was due to the CGI and extensive live action. If TTG cost $20-30m then it should still have very good animation 

Probably the last act "live-action CGI mix". That and the 10 year difference I'd imagine. Consider there budgets though, both films have outstanding moments of creative animation though. 

• Like 1

Considering how cheap SPA movies are thanks to Imageworks Vancouver move (both Emoji and Village were $50M.) and considering WAG's relationship with Imageworks, I wouldn't be surprised if TTG had a CGI component with a budget around $40M-$50M.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That being said...I'd have to think long and hard about paying full price movie tickets for this...2nd run $2 tickets - fine.  But, $13 each?  Yeah, I'm gonna have the boys watch more of the tv show (which is exactly like Spongebob meets supers - there is nothing serious about this show and it can be both intentionally and unintentionally very funny)...

This is a good point. Families aren't willing to pay for something they can easily watch on TV at home; just look at Ninjago.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Considering how cheap SPA movies are thanks to Imageworks Vancouver move (both Emoji and Village were $50M.) and considering WAG's relationship with Imageworks, I wouldn't be surprised if TTG had a CGI component with a budget around $40M-$50M.

I don't see TTG having a CGI component, it made sense with SpongeBob as they were going to be in a live action setting, I'm not ruling it out but I think it's more likely it'll have better 2D animation 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't see TTG having a CGI component, it made sense with SpongeBob as they were going to be in a live action setting, I'm not ruling it out but I think it's more likely it'll have better 2D animation 

That's what I'm guessing. However the good news for WAG is that Smallfoot might be cheaper at a $50M-$60M budget.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this. Always down to support traditional animation on the big screen and the show is fun on occasion.

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Anyone surprised Disney never did a Phineas and Ferb movie?

IMO they should've released the TV movie in theaters; it was a pretty fun movie and well-liked.

• Like 2