grim22

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies | WB | July 27 2018 | Animated movie

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Ninjago is too high to be a ceiling, let alone a floor.

Maybe Lost Village then ($45M), again this is like Spongebob to younger kids. I can't realistically see lower than $35M domestic.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

To me, the likeliest scenario is probably around $85M, essentially Spongebob 1 numbers. It's a huge hit with the kids, but it won't have a huge appeal to people who aren't fans of the series, and I don't think it's as much of a cultural phenomenon like Rugrats was to cross the century mark (Of course, I'm way out of the series' demographic, so what do I know?)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Maybe Lost Village then ($45M), again this is like Spongebob to younger kids. I can't realistically see lower than $35M domestic.

I think you vastly overestimate the popularity of these shows as well as the desire to see them on the big screen. Ninjago is a much hotter property than Titans and this movie making less than it just seems to be a given.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

To me, the likeliest scenario is probably around $85M, essentially Spongebob 1 numbers. It's a huge hit with the kids, but it won't have a huge appeal to people who aren't fans of the series, and I don't think it's as much of a cultural phenomenon like Rugrats was to cross the century mark (Of course, I'm way out of the series' demographic, so what do I know?)

Way lower than $85m. Even when Spongebob Movie was released it was more popular than Titans is now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

I think you vastly overestimate the popularity of these shows as well as the desire to see them on the big screen. Ninjago is a much hotter property than Titans and this movie making less than it just seems to be a given.

Is it Ninjago that was the big name, or was it being a Lego movie?

9 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

With My Little Pony disappointing, I can't see this movie doing any good.

If WB was smart they will cancel this before it gets into production.

Pony only target young girls. TTG targets young kids.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Ninjago is one of Lego's biggest brands but popularity was not as big as 2010-2012.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

With My Little Pony disappointing, I can't see this movie doing any good.

If WB was smart they will cancel this before it gets into production.

It's probably cheap enough to make a profit on a lowish gross. WB aren't expecting Lego Movie numbers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Ninjago was the big name. IIRC Lego initially meant for the brand to end in 2014 but it just kept growing

Its cartoon Ninjago, produced by Copenhagen-based Wil Film, which Cartoon Network aired last year, was the highest-rated series on the net in 2012 among boys 2-11 and 6-11. Those are key Nielsen demos for the children’s market—particularly among toy sellers, since boys’ toys outsell girls’ toys by a wide margin. The season finale pulled in 3.3 million viewers—more than the season-to-date average for NBC’s Smash.

Titans Go tends to stay around the 1.5m area

The last I read Ninjago was either Lego’s biggest brand or close.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, CoolEric258 said:

85 Might be a bit high; I can't see this...or the animated Spiderman movie....getting much of the adult audience that live action CBM"s can get.