Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

18 hours ago, DAR said:

Hulu Live you also get the full ESPN

? That is extremelly misleading, we are they calling it ESPN+ if you get ESPN and why are people saying it is the small $5 verison (like the regular small ESPN+ addon)

My comments make no sense, I thought it mean that the Hulu provided here would give you ESPN....... (there is so much different platform with suboptions now !)

Edited by Barnack

31 minutes ago, Barnack said:

? That is extremelly misleading, we are they calling it ESPN+ if you get ESPN and why are people saying it is the small $5 verison (like the regular small ESPN+ addon)

I think Hulu Live is a different thing which you can stream live sports from.

Something like that, anyway. I only know it from the HULU HAS LIVE SPORTS ads.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, CJohn said:

Ricky Martin, MasterChef, Kitchen Nightmares, Morangos com Açúcar, rumored new reality show, rebooted morning/afternoon shows. I mean yeah, maybe they all bomb, but there is a lot coming to TVI very soon.

Well, we don't know if the mornings and noons are indeed getting rebooted, so, we'll see. Kitchen Nightmares isn't happening until 2020. The reality show is a total question mark at this point because a 2019 Secret Story has also been canceled. And Morangos is canned. But maybe a lot changes with Filipa Garnel's entrance, who knows.

22 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well, we don't know if the mornings and noons are indeed getting rebooted, so, we'll see. Kitchen Nightmares isn't happening until 2020. The reality show is a total question mark at this point because a 2019 Secret Story has also been canceled. And Morangos is canned. But maybe a lot changes with Filipa Garnel's entrance, who knows.

:hahaha: :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CJohn said:

:hahaha: :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

That really is the perfect summary of TVI atm.

If Win Your Wish List maintains consistency, well, dear God, TVI is gonna get annihilated when Married At First Sight premieres.

---------------------------

Wouldn't you know, Win Your Wish List DID maintain consistency. 7.4% rating and 22.1% share. Effectively in the exact same range as the launch. It will have legs, it seems, which was hinted at by the really old, female-heavy demographic that saw it (a slight mix of The Farmer and The Price Is Right's audiences). Not half bad. And today's episode was the 1st good one too, on that note.

Cláudio Ramos also stayed above 20% share, even if by only a decimal. Goucha took advantage of the lack of Tour of Portugal on RTP and went up to 13.9%, but still nowhere even close to Ramos. The SIC brand is so powerful that even shitty shows and hosts are hit names now.

TVI are truly irreversibly fucked if they can't find something to push them to 15% at 7PM anytime soon.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Why oh why did I go out last night... Got in at 4, slept through work so called in sick, spent a load of money (as well as a day's pay) and ... I can't even remember any of it.

What a waste

Why oh why did I go out last night... Got in at 4, slept through work so called in sick, spent a load of money (as well as a day's pay) and ... I can't even remember any of it.

What a waste

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

lol

I actually had a class about urban planning for fun in my Uni Years and he said that the episode of the Simpsons about Monorails is a major reason people dont like Monorails 

lol

Interesting Stat... Toronto now has more Gun Crime per Capita then a city like NYC.

In Toronto there have been 244 shootings compared to 441 in NYC.

Toronto has 2.8 million people while NYC is well over 8 million. 

Its quite worrying as the situation in Toronto seems like could devolve into a Chicago then the NYC we want to become. 

35 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

In Toronto there have been 244 shootings compared to 441 in NYC.

Seem to have been quite the recent jump (since 2016):

Total
Homicides[25]
Gun
Deaths
Total Shootings
  Occurrences Victims
2010[31] 65 32 260 330
2011[32] 51 27–28A 227 281
2012[32] 57 33 213 289
2013[32] 57 22 202 255
2014[32] 58 27 177[33] 242
2015[34] 59 27 288[33] 429
2016[35] 75[36][37] 41 407[33] 581
2017[38] 65/66 [39][40]A 39 395[33] 594
2018[41] 96C[42] 51 424 604

fs

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Relevant:

That:

And no matter what the grand scheme was for Fox's IP, had movies like Bad Times at the El Royale or Stuber still brought it decent theatrical audiences, Disney would have continued to make them if only to further their market share. But we didn't show up, so now here we are.

A bit of a speculation, like the last result of a giant earning jump but low earning per share show, market share is nice but profit/ROI can be seen has more important and is possible that a successful slate of Bad Times at the El Royale / Stuber is not successful enough for Disney ROI targets.