Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I went and saw Spencer this afternoon (terrific film with an outstanding performance from Lady K-Stew), and there was a group of six middle-aged women who strolled in right before the movie started clearly having pregamed the movie and not-so-surreptitiously sneaking nips from their purses and pouring them into their drinks. :lol: 

I guess I'm not surprised it happened so much as I'm surprised it happened at this movie, which is every bit as artsy and angsty as you'd expect from a Pablo Larrain film starring Kristen Stewart. Seems like it would be a lot more fun to do for the movie whose trailer was playing when they walked in: House of Gucci.

Edited by Webslinger

@Cap @WrathOfHan I was looking at the full list of Candlelight narrators for this year and you can't imagine how distraught I am over missing a potential Angela Bassett sighting in the parks by a few weeks. :ohmygod: Thanks for giving a good reason as to why Universal is the theme park vacation destination for the holidays this year and not you, Mickey!

Candlelight Processional Celebrity Narrators, the Return of JOYFUL! and More Coming to EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth | Disney Parks Blog (go.com)

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Fuck Activision!

Tweet Text:

In response to an explosive story reporting that Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick knew about various sexual misconduct and harassment allegations and was himself a perpetrator, and an employee walkout today demanding Kotick's resignation, the board says it is standing by him

FEVurjAXEAQx9wI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Jamiem

3 hours ago, Jamiem said:

Fuck Activision!

Tweet Text:

In response to an explosive story reporting that Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick knew about various sexual misconduct and harassment allegations and was himself a perpetrator, and an employee walkout today demanding Kotick's resignation, the board says it is standing by him

FEVurjAXEAQx9wI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

it's Karma for messing up Diablo 3 so badly.

It's sad that Blizzard that one had a sterliing silver reputation in the industry for doing things right  has taken such a huge,huge, fall from grace.

28 minutes ago, Eric Venkman said:

Got this at Regal the last two times I went. I really can't wait for this crypto NFT fad shit to end. If anything, it needs to be done sooner rather than later, looking at how climate change and global warming are heating up.

I've gotten that ad at the movies the last few times I've gone lmao. Hard to decide if that or Nicole Kidman's AMC campaign is a bigger "they didn't need the money that badly...did they?"

So this year's Oscars will be dominated by biopics. A win for Will Smith (King Richard) and Kristen Stewart (Spencer)/Kidman (The Ricardos)  with Jessica Chastain (Tammy faye) and Jennifer Hudson (Respect) in the mix.  What a sad state of the awards show. No wonder actors are dying to star in biopics, the Oscars reward them.

Note: I am not fond of biopics. They seem lazy

Edited by Maggie

1 hour ago, Eric Venkman said:

Got this at Regal the last two times I went. I really can't wait for this crypto NFT fad shit to end. If anything, it needs to be done sooner rather than later, looking at how climate change and global warming are heating up.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, Maggie said:

So this year's Oscars will be dominated by biopics. A win for Will Smith (King Richard) and Kristen Stewart (Spencer)/Kidman (The Ricardos)  with Jessica Chastain (Tammy faye) and Jennifer Hudson (Respect) in the mix.  What a sad state of the awards show. No wonder actors are dying to star in biopics, the Oscars reward them.

Note: I am not fond of biopics. They seem lazy

You have just not seen the right biopics.

If by lazy you mean they don;t depend on big action scenes all I can say is then laziness if a feature, not a bug.

Of course one of all time favorite movies, "Patton" is a biopic.