Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Apparently it's not The Joker, though it looks very similar. It's a character called Yoshikage Kira from an anime called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. 

400px-Yoshikage_Kira_Original_Infobox_Ma

It's just that English News sources don't know about the anime. Reddit identified it immediately.

Still messed up but thanks for the correction. 

Finally watched Squid Game, what a fantastic allegory for today's all against all hellscape capitalism loaded with symbolic imagery.    I haven't read anything at all(reviews and otherwise) about this show but I get the feeling the creators were making a show about America, not Korea.  Bravo.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 2:49 AM, Napoleon said:

It’s interesting that this is the only look people still associate with Harley Quinn 

Depends on how old you are, frankly.

I still think of the original Harelquin suit outfit when I think of Harley, since that is how I first saw her back in the intial run of "Batman:TAS" where the character was introduced.

15 minutes ago, No Eternals Spoilers 4 Cap said:

@TalismanRing @Ezen Baklattan @Blankments

I finally rescheduled my tickets for Music Man that got delayed due to COVID.  So now they're May 7, 2022.  So I'm gonna be in NYC that weekend... 

Alex Trebek Flirting GIF by Jeopardy!

I envy you. I would love to see Jackman as Harold Hill...

"You Got Trouble, my friend, you got trouble right here in River City".....

44 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I envy you. I would love to see Jackman as Harold Hill...

"You Got Trouble, my friend, you got trouble right here in River City".....

It sounds so weird, but I can’t tell if I’m going because I’m genuinely excited, or I’m going to hate watch the whole thing. I’m of the opinion that Robert Preston’s Harold Hill is The most complete and definitive performance I’ve ever seen from a male in a musical. He is so damn good. So Jackman has some shoes to fill. Luckily, he’s got Sutton Foster to help him out

57 minutes ago, No Eternals Spoilers 4 Cap said:

It sounds so weird, but I can’t tell if I’m going because I’m genuinely excited, or I’m going to hate watch the whole thing. I’m of the opinion that Robert Preston’s Harold Hill is The most complete and definitive performance I’ve ever seen from a male in a musical. He is so damn good. So Jackman has some shoes to fill. Luckily, he’s got Sutton Foster to help him out

100% agree on Preston. He created the role on Broadway and we are lucky it was captured on film.

But I would say that he is tied in the  most complete and definitive performance I’ve ever seen from a male in a musical contest with Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

100% agree on Preston. He created the role on Broadway and we are lucky it was captured on film.

But I would say that he is tied in the  most complete and definitive performance I’ve ever seen from a male in a musical contest with Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady.

Except for, uh, the singing part, right?

• Haha 1