Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

17 hours ago, The Stingray said:

The son and his motivations, and the ran-out-of-money/time cop out ending, stop it from being a masterpiece.

The 1954 version is still the best version of the Wells novel ever made.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Adèle Haenel – “Portrait of a Lady on Fire,” “BPM (Beats Per Minute)”
Ari Aster – “Midsommar,” “Hereditary”
Robert Eggers – “The Lighthouse,” “The Witch”
Florence Pugh – “Little Women,” “Lady Macbeth”
Zendaya Coleman – “Spider-Man: Far from Home,” “The Greatest Showman”
Huang Jue – “Long Day’s Journey into Night,” “The Lady in the Portrait”
Thomasin McKenzie – “Jojo Rabbit,” “Leave No Trace”
Zhao Tao – “Ash Is Purest White,” “Mountains May Depart”

:wub: :bravo:

@MCKillswitch123 Day 2 and the buffoonery actually went to a whole new place. Cinema City, UCI Cinemas and Cineplace are not playing movies distributed by NOS. Only NOS itself and Castello Lopes are playing movies like Freaks, Le Lion, Onward and The Way Back. What a time to be alive. And the reopening is only tomorrow. I want them to keep this madness at least until the weekend. Every day I want new buffoonery.

Cinemas might end here, but at least they are doing down in a bloody war.

• Haha 1

https://deadline.com/2020/06/why-did-comcast-buy-sky-again-analyst-revisits-deal-for-declining-asset-1202973299/

Outplayed by Disney in a bidding war for 21st Century Fox Hollywood assets in 2018, Comcast instead acquired British satellite broadcaster Sky — for $36 billion more than it’s worth today, according to one Wall Street analyst, suggesting the plunging valuation may be less worrisome than the media giant’s lack of strategic vision for the U.K. company.

:hahaha:

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

You know, this whole making a deal just because somebody else made a deal and we wanted to get up on the scoreboard is pretty stupid.

Sky are being pummelled by Netflix and Amazon Prime, it's quite an expensive package, especially if movies and sports are in the bundle.

Apparently a 100 year old Elk Statue has been set on fire by Antifa protesters in downtown Portland.

I wasn't even aware there was Elk supremacist movement to protest about, you learn something new every day !

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, elcaballero said:

My roommates are leaving this month, meaning I'm going to be by myself for the foreseeable future, and I'm starting to get pretty anxious about it. For anyone living alone that's been trapped inside due to COVID, how have you stayed sane?

Do you have a neighbor you can "bubble" with...so you're not alone, but not going out with tons of people, either?

21 hours ago, DAR said:

Pretty sure the show itself is the context

I am pretty sure the type of audience who watches Mad Men has some level of intelligence to figure that out. 

Everyone is just deathly scared of a twitter mob these days.