Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I just dropped my phone and cracked the screen :( it never cracked before, so I guess good on it for hanging in there so long. 

I have an S5 that I stopped using because the battery went to shit, but maybe I can find a replacement (& I'm pretty sure my dad has some kind of Samsung who knows what he never used that they sent us so...)

I have an s5 and same thing. It finally cracked but you really can't see it and doesn't affect anything but I still may get a new phone because of it soon enough

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Gerrystorm

right, that's what I'm thinking too. Only thing is tonight's the last chance to catch 12 strong in the cinema but den of thieves i could still watch next week.

2 minutes ago, 75Live said:

I have an s5 and same thing. It finally cracked but you really can't see it and doesn't affect anything but I still may get a new phone because of it soon enough

I don't know how much trade in value is these days but I'd look at upgrading if you don't mind a non removable battery / lack of headphone jack. I'd upgrade but I like those things / my phone worked fine (until now) despite being I'm not even sure how many years old / I'm still unemployed >_> 

Just now, Morieris said:

I don't know how much trade in value is these days but I'd look at upgrading if you don't mind a non removable battery / lack of headphone jack. I'd upgrade but I like those things / my phone worked fine (until now) despite being I'm not even sure how many years old / I'm still unemployed >_> 

yeah I'm unemployed right now and don't really need another $25-$30 extra on my bill right now :P

oh i meant I have a Samsung s5 so I won't lose the removeable battery or a headphone jack if I got to the s8 :P

10 minutes ago, Tree Billboards said:

right, that's what I'm thinking too. Only thing is tonight's the last chance to catch 12 strong in the cinema but den of thieves i could still watch next week.

huh turns out den of thieves done so badly in opening week that its leaving pretty much everywhere today 6 days after release. Turns out I ain't going to the cinema anyway. oh well

As the star of the new Tomb Raider, Alicia Vikander is used to playing a fighter. But in a new interview with Vogue, the 29-year-old actress shared how Julianne Moore came to her defense when an unnamed man in a position of power made a joke at her expense on the set of Seventh Son.

"I was really embarrassed, and I would have just laughed it off," Vikander told the magazine. "But Julianne turned to him and said, ‘If you ever do that again, I'm walking out of here and I'm not coming back.'" 

Her eyes went glossy. "She was just, like, ‘Don't you f--king say that again,'" Vikander recalled. "It showed me that she had the power. And that meant so much to me."

http://www.eonline.com/news/912517/alicia-vikander-reveals-how-julianne-moore-came-to-her-rescue-on-set

Boss.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Disney's streaming service (launching Fall 2019) won't carry R-rated fare.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/disney-streaming-service-launch-slate-star-wars-marvel-1202281846/

At a glance that list of original programming looks wretched, what's the audience for this

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

At a glance that list of original programming looks wretched, what's the audience for this

Two of those movies (the Adam DeVine comedy Magic Camp and Anna Kendrick as Santa's daughter movie Noelle) were once supposed to be theatrical films. I'm guessing that's where the junk they have no hopes for will go where people can just put them out as background noise.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Disney's streaming service (launching Fall 2019) won't carry R-rated fare.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/disney-streaming-service-launch-slate-star-wars-marvel-1202281846/

Yikes. My interest in that shit just died. It just doesn’t make sense. Is it a service for children and families? Imagine Fox, Disney, Fox TV, ABC, Touchstone, Pixar, Marvel, and Disney Animation on one service? It could’ve been monstrous, but this shit... what a fucking waste of time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

Yikes. My interest in that shit just died. It just doesn’t make sense. Is it a service for children and families? Imagine Fox, Disney, Fox TV, ABC, Touchstone, Pixar, Marvel, and Disney Animation on one service? It could’ve been monstrous, but this shit... what a fucking waste of time.

Eh, looks like they're just going to dump anything that isn't Disney brand onto Hulu. Not all that surprised.

• Like 1