Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Pasta is easily appreciated by almost everyone. Only a scant few claim it's bad because it's "watery" -- a bizarre claim given the hundreds of various pasta dishes and styles. 

I should've clarified "regular" pasta (like, say, spaghetti or penne with tomato sauce or butter).  I have had ravioli and gnocchi since then and think both are good!  so I probably just need to eat good pasta and this problem will be fixed.

but I will NOT watch TV shows.  stop trying there.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I should've clarified "regular" pasta (like, say, spaghetti or penne with tomato sauce or butter).  I have had ravioli and gnocchi since then and think both are good!  so I probably just need to eat good pasta and this problem will be fixed.

but I will NOT watch TV shows.  stop trying there.

I believe that technically, gnocchi isn't pasta, it's a dumpling. :P 

• Disbelief 1

7 hours ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Nothing jankier than a teenager's sheets and that's even assuming they're getting washed regularly. 

P.S. Han, get in the habit of washing em regularly or no girl's gonna wanna roll around with you at college. :lol: 

If I had a girl, I'd definitely be washing them regularly 🤔 

29 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Rewatched Curse of the Were-Rabbit for the first time in yonks. Low-key kinda incredible. Stop-motion stuff like that always blows my mind. The patience there must be insane.

I remember me and my friend doing some lite-seething watching that movie. We walked out talking about how we hated it,  but on the walk back home we kept talking and laughing about the film. I've never rewatched it because how oddly unique our reaction felt.

YOUTUBER COUNT DANKULA WHO TAUGHT DOG NAZI SALUTE FACES JAIL FOR HATE CRIME

http://www.newsweek.com/youtuber-count-dankula-who-taught-dog-nazi-salute-faces-jail-hate-crime-853470

This sounds a bit stupid because shouldn't everyone who makes a Hitler Downfall meme face fail time too? 

I agree it is offensive to others but as long as violence is not being preached, its a freedom of expression issue. The man could lose his job and such for his video but the govt throwing him in jail seems a bit obscene. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

One of Kyle Korver's younger brothers died :(

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/basketball/2018/03/20/kirk-korver-dies-kyle-korver-cleveland-cavaliers-pella-iowa/444472002/ 

I wasn't like friends with them or anything but I went to the same high school he and Kaleb did (Kaleb was in my grade) , so I feel a bit of a personal connection here. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Rewatched Curse of the Were-Rabbit for the first time in yonks. Low-key kinda incredible. Stop-motion stuff like that always blows my mind. The patience there must be insane.

I'm gonna go see Early Man tomorrow or the day after, throw Aardman a buck. It's a shame how low they've fallen moneymaking-wise. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

One of Kyle Korver's younger brothers died :(

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/basketball/2018/03/20/kirk-korver-dies-kyle-korver-cleveland-cavaliers-pella-iowa/444472002/ 

I wasn't like friends with them or anything but I went to the same high school he and Kaleb did (Kaleb was in my grade) , so I feel a bit of a personal connection here. 

Sad stuff. I went to Creighton so Korver is a legend

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

So TOG still has no idea at all about how to cook pasta. Got it.

Yep...but that's not unusual, since some folks do prefer their pasta al dente (with the bite) vs a little more cooked to take away the bite...although no one likes it cooked to death when it becomes a gummy mess or undercooked to the point it is crunchy:)...I'm betting TOG's pasta falls on one of these ends of the cooking time:)...

TOG probably also doesn't know how to make his own sauces and relies on jars...and most of those aren't worth putting on pasta, at least not as is...

• Like 1