Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, DAR said:

And the weird thing about this is I've never expressed anything political on Facebook. 

It listed me as a gamer. I think I only like one video game page on Facebook but I like 300 movie pages but nothing with movies. But I do get a lot of movies ads on Facebook 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chasmmi said:

Just a quick drive by to raise awareness for the Summer Game that is fast approaching start day...

Summer is in the air.  Summer Derby League is trolling for players also:

• Like 1

Feeling really good right now. Done with the GRE nonsense and got a fabulous score, submitted the app to my #1 choice and confident in it, and I changed my dieting ways. I'm eating right and it's paying dividends. Just let me brag for a minute, okay? Damn.

I have dropped processed, refined, and fast foods. No boxed dinners, unless it's Trader Joes then I'll consider it. I've dropped alcohol, added sugar, sweets, high sodium food, etc. No trans fat whatsoever. And it has been water water water. And more water. And I make fruit smoothies. I've loaded up on fruits and vegetables, and fiber, good carbs, peanut butter, and oatmeal have become my besties. I also eat more lean meats like chicken and fish without breading or frying it. 

I also got my gym membership back and I do HIIT - high intensity interval training. I'm an "ectomorph", but I've found what works for my body type. Because I've stuck with it, it's been about a month and I'm seeing great results, getting definition and toning back, especially in my face, stomach, and thighs, where the fat that I do have, typically goes. My skin is also glowing like a mofo, and is a reason everyone thinks I'm 18. I'll never get like Hulk or Dwayne, my body isn't built that way, but I can get toned af and build a respectable amount of muscle, and that's what I strive for. It's less about weight and more about body fat percentage.

I've also been getting 8 hours every night and have not been letting things stress me. It's paying off. My beloved Chickfila, I turned it down yesterday and instead made food at home. And I turned down Freddy's on saturday and made a friggin salad with some chicken. Mom even brought Krispy Kreme. You know how hard it is to not dive into a KK box? It's HARD, but I didn't touch one doughnut. It's tough, but it's paying off. 

I'll eventually indulge again, like I'd ever give up CFA for good lmao. And of course I'll drink again, you can't go back to college and not drink, but now, I'm getting right and I'm proud of myself for not caving in, and I understand maintaining a lifestyle is not hard, and moderation is key.

I'm going to talk to a group of seniors about nutrition next week and plan on holding a seminar at the library. One of my life goals is to create better health education for lower income people and people in food deserts. Ever since I did a semester project on the state of our school lunches, I've been about nutrition. Felt I needed to practice what I preach.

If anybody's interested, I'll post what I've done and learned in detail in the fitness thread. We're not all the same body types, so you have to find what works for you personally. Sorry for the super braggy post, I just haven't felt this good in quite a while. Complete 180 from this time last year.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 4

What have been the most hype movies since 2000?

1. The Force Awakens 

2. The Last Jedi

3. Spider Man 3

4. Avengers 

5. The Dark Knight

6. Pirates 3

7 Deathly Hallows part 2

8. The Dark Knight Rises

9. Avengers AOU

10.  Lord of the Rings (?) 

11. Captain America Civil War

12. Rogue One

does this look right 

i need to add the Revenge of Sith. 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

Hum Beauty and the beasts, First Potter (that broke the opening weekend record by 25% after all) Rrevenge of the Sith,  could get some consideration, BvS being the only other candidate being reasonable at least if we talk having hype built for 6 month or even year's.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

1. The Force Awakens 

2. The Last Jedi

3. Spider Man 3

4. Avengers 

5. The Dark Knight

6. Pirates 3

7 Deathly Hallows part 2

8. The Dark Knight Rises

9. Avengers AOU

12. Rogue One

does this look right 

i need to add the Revenge of Sith. 

Kinda gotta throw New Moon in there too, that OD was absurd! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

1. The Force Awakens 

2. The Last Jedi

3. Spider Man 3

4. Avengers 

5. The Dark Knight

6. Pirates 3

7 Deathly Hallows part 2

8. The Dark Knight Rises

9. Avengers AOU

12. Rogue One