Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I don't think the Marvel shows are as valuable to Netflix as they were when Daredevil first launched. They rushed toward the Defenders and it flopped and the hype has died down since.

Netflix has bigger shows that they own so they don't need to spend money on the Marvel shows anymore especially with Disney moving into streaming. 

And there we have it. The Marvel shows weren't owned by Netflix. The merchandise wasn't owned by Netflix. With Disney Streaming launching not only were Netflix cut off from producing future shows, but Disney teaming up to launch bigger budget shows from Marvel Studios would make Netflix's current Marvel line-up less appealing.

The privelige Marvel had at Netflix is pretty much dead at this point. Luke Cage was already ordered for Season 3,  they had too many behind the scenes dramas and Netflix gave up and killed it. You dont hear about that everyday.

I'm wondering what will happen once NBCUniversal inevitably announce their streaming ambitions. I'm pretty sure they currently produce half of Netflix's kid section.

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

And there we have it. The Marvel shows weren't owned by Netflix. The merchandise wasn't owned by Netflix. With Disney Streaming launching not only were Netflix cut off from producing future shows, but Disney teaming up to launch bigger budget shows from Marvel Studios would make Netflix's current Marvel line-up less appealing.

The privelige Marvel had at Netflix is pretty much dead at this point. Luke Cage was already ordered for Season 3,  they had too many behind the scenes dramas and Netflix gave up and killed it. You dont hear about that everyday.

I'm wondering what will happen once NBCUniversal inevitably announce their streaming ambitions. I'm pretty sure they currently produce half of Netflix's kid section.

Yeah the Marvel Netflix era is most likely ending after JJ S3 (its filming so its too late to stop now) and Punisher S2 (finished filming). 

I'm only half way done Daredevil S3 and it's great but it's probably done too barring surprise renewal. 

54 minutes ago, TMP said:

Daredevil Season 3 was damn fucking good. First one of these I've enjoyed since DD Season 1, and might be my favorite live action superhero thing this year. Definitely has better action scenes than all the $200m+ funny book movies that came out this year.

I just started it and pretty good so far. 

finally got around to binging all of season 4 of better call saul this past week. i might finally be on the "better than breaking bad" train since i recall season 4 is around when breaking bad started getting a little goofy and BCS is just improving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

I hate everything Boston sports. I must root for Dodgers. Also, so my Dodgers friend can stop badgering me about the Game 5 strike zone last year

My Dodgers Hate from the early 1980s 'stros/Bums rivalry sustains me and gives me life tho.

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Been watching Disenchantment over the past week or so.  I don’t know it’s okay I guess.

Also giving Mayans a watch throughout the season.  It’s been better than I thought 

You know, I feel that exact same way...it's like, it could be better, but it's not...it could be worse, but it's not...

Part of me wishes the whole show would just focus on the elf and demon b/c they are the most interesting characters...I'm not really feeling the rest of the set up...