Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn The Farmer Wants A Wife hit 10% rating and 26% share at 7PM yesterday. TVI's Mozambique show hit 4.4% and 11.3%.

TVI is dead. Bury it. Consider this mer-SIC.

And all it took was the Female Godfather to kill it. I die every time I think Rita Pereira is getting massive paychecks and new shows to host on TVI and the first interview she gave as a mom was an exclusive to Cristina. 

Holy shit they already pulled that Mozambique special. I can't at this shit lmao.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 1

Everything you ever needed to know about Twitter, summed up in one sentence:

Twitter collectively lost its mind today when it found out that some people actually enjoy slicing bagels.

Like, what the flying fuck, people?  Who the fuckity fuck cares how people eat their goddrat bagels.  I don't even care if it was in jest, mocking/complaining about sliced bagels is a new low.  And for Twitter, that says something.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Seriously though.  Outside of objectively terrible things like the alt-reich, Food Snob Twitter is the absolute Worst Twitter.  Worse than Fandom Twitter and Politics Twitter by a country mile.  Only YA Lit Twitter gives them a run for their money, and I still have to think Food Snob Twitter is the worst, if only because of volume.

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Everything you ever needed to know about Twitter, summed up in one sentence:

Twitter collectively lost its mind today when it found out that some people actually enjoy slicing bagels.

Like, what the flying fuck, people?  Who the fuckity fuck cares how people eat their goddrat bagels.  I don't even care if it was in jest, mocking/complaining about sliced bagels is a new low.  And for Twitter, that says something.

While there's plenty of annoying twitter things, I think this was just in jest because of how weird it was.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Seriously though.  Outside of objectively terrible things like the alt-reich, Food Snob Twitter is the absolute Worst Twitter.  Worse than Fandom Twitter and Politics Twitter by a country mile.  Only YA Lit Twitter gives them a run for their money, and I still have to think Food Snob Twitter is the worst, if only because of volume.

I think you follow very different people than I do. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Food Snob Twitter is definitely a thing (Like the vehemently anti-ketchup on things group), I just think the Bagel thing was a joke because of how weird the idea was.

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Food Snob Twitter is definitely a thing (Like the vehemently anti-ketchup on things group), I just think the Bagel thing was a joke because of how weird the idea was.

Okay, fair enough.  But to get it trending on two separate topics?

I don't even like Panera, but c'mon. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

"The only winning move is not to eat steak at all" :ph34r: 

Now, see, I almost said, "Mocking people for eating steak well done is Why Trump Won", but I figured I better not cross the streams between Food Twitter and Politics Twitter.

As Egon would say: It would be bad. 

(Also I must admit most of my distain for Food Twitter IS filtered through Politics Twitter, but I get enough of it from Sports Twitter and elsewhere that I have a rather low opinion of them regardless :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@Telemachos is our golden age dinner party food snob

(Also I must admit most of my distain for Food Twitter IS filtered through Politics Twitter, but I get enough of it from Sports Twitter and elsewhere that I have a rather low opinion of them regardless :ph34r:)

My reading of the Great Bagel Trauma of 2019 was filtered mainly through Sports Twitter and People Who Live in the Midwest Twitter -- all of whom took it as an opportunity to dunk on St. Louis. Which, c'mon, is always great.

• Like 1