Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, TMP said:

This was more exciting than any episode of Empire

It's fascinating to have the prosecuting attorney say she kept the bond and is having him continue doing his community service b/c that's all a judge would give him if he's convicted anyway...that's a plea deal I haven't see in awhile - "pay us off and we'll let you go with nothing on the record" - I'm not sure the Chicago PD are fans of it...

You know this whole college scandal, I mean who the f*ck pays that much for USC. It's not even a real school.

Yale I can understand somewhat even though they sullied my alma mater. Thank god MIT is not involved in this business. They have enough of an issue with it being a sausage fest admissions.

3 hours ago, ACSlater said:

You know this whole college scandal, I mean who the f*ck pays that much for USC. It's not even a real school.

Yale I can understand somewhat even though they sullied my alma mater. Thank god MIT is not involved in this business. They have enough of an issue with it being a sausage fest admissions.

Only people who buy banks go to real colleges.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

10 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

A Herdeira was the last popular soap around my circles. Some people talk about A Teia, but nowadays it's mostly just The Farmer Wants A Wife that they care about when it comes to Portuguese shows. I think soaps are generally dying tbh, but we'll see. That writer is coming back in May with A Prisioneira, starring my eternal crush Joana Ribeiro, so we'll see if that thing revives TVI's primetime.

Yeah, it's called Maria Madalena and it's basically a Mexican/Chillean/whatever soap horribly dubbed in Brazilian that TVI bought at the last minute to boost the 2PM numbers :rofl:  Remédio Santo was there and it was bombing baaaaad against SIC's Mar Salgado, but hilariously, Maria Madalena hardly does much better. Tbh, I get the idea (bring in something that had never been aired before + Portugal is a religious country and all) and I feel like the lack of promotion killed its potential a bit, but still, it would've been a lot easier and 100% cheaper to just bring back an old classic from the vault instead.

Just repeat Ninguém Como Tu again. People will watch it again and love it again. Move on with the two seasons of Jardins Proibidos, Ilha dos Amores, Olhos de Água, Anjo Selvagem, Dei-te Quase Tudo and Mundo Meu. 

Or pull Belmonte from the vault and witness people lose their shit with the ending again.

Or air Ninguém Como Tu until the end of times and somehow still win every day at 2 PM after the 7th repeat. Greatest soap ever.

Just avoid spending money in a dubbed Mexican soap when you have decades of soaps to repeat, it is fucking dumb.

Edited by CJohn

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

Poor Dexter went 8 seasons when it should’ve ended after 4.

They better not keep Black Monday on forever. It's bad enough they already previously trapped Don Cheadle in a series that nobody liked (House of Lies) for years. Free him and fellow legends Andrew Rannells and Regina Hall to find better projects.