Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, LexJoker said:

HIMYM finale so bad it rendered the earlier episodes of the final season completely pointless, and cut the rewatchability of the earlier seasons for even many die-hard fans.

Greta Gerwig must be grateful that the toxic reaction to that show's finale killed the spin-off that she was gonna star on (that had a pilot shot and everything) and allowed her to move on to much greater things.

Oops, almost forgot to inform all of you :

Streaming, the place where ART is being saved right now, is an

ecological and energetic disaster in the making

Yeah, science and physics are such a bummer, I Know.

" I ll save the Planet, Some day ..."

But that s what  stupidly abundant energy makes you :

a lazy, capricious and entitled person.

Edited by The Futurist

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

what about art in general?  

is that an ecological and energetic disaster too?

are you comparing streaming to the invention of the TV remote?

Edited by sex performer Equal richer

8 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

These are the guys who thought that a pity special about the Mozambique disaster would do any good at 7PM last night, so dumb is something they would do very well. It did Who Wants To Marry My Son numbers, and it shocked about zero people.

Ninguém Como Tu was doing batshit insane numbers the last time it repeated at 2PM, wasn't it? It was hitting 30-35% share or something. Same for Tempo de Viver, which (to my knowledge) wasn't even a HUGE hit when it originally aired in 2006/07 (it did pretty good but nothing phenomenally great), but then it went ballistic in the re-run. The two greatest Portuguese soap operas of all time. They only need to bring one of those two back.... or Ilha dos Amores, which was the 1st one that re-aired in this time slot and that was many years ago. And it's also wildly beloved, as are the other two.

But nah, they're either gonna jam Remédio Santo back in there again or they're gonna buy something else from South America :rofl:  Less than a year ago, Espírito Indomável was doing great at 2PM, and even at 3PM. And now the biggest soap (Mar Salgado - which was a monster hit in its original run, but who the fuck wants to rewatch 300 episode soaps that ended 4 years ago?!?) doesn't even hit 20% share over there. Fiasco. Speaking of which, Mar Salgado comes to an end either next week or the week after and there's still no news of the replacement. Hopefully SIC puts something from Globo there, just so they can put TVI out of their misery, since the afternoon is their Achilles heel currently (both Júlia and Avenida Brasil bombed catastrophically yesterday).

SIC is gonna go with something even more recent because fuck it lmao.

TVI was pulling insane shares with classic soaps. Remédio Santo doesn't fit in that description lmao. Nobody wants to see Rita Pereira selling his soul to the Devil again. Espirito Indomável was huge back in the day. 

Have they repeated Deixa-me Amar or Feitiço de Amor yet? I really don't get the strategy behind buying a silly Mexican soap dubbed in Brazilian when you have a crazy vault full of soaps you can throw in there.

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

I still watch some of the CW DC shows (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl) but Supergirl is the only one that hasn't become completely rote (and will hopefully end before it does). I'm really happy that Arrow is ending next season, shit's been stale for a long time now.

I never watched Legends but up until halfway through last season(about 18 months ago) I was up to date with the other 3 shows. However, I just fell behind and haven’t gone back. I keep thinking about catching up but it just hasn’t happened. 

I think I’m furthest ahead on Supergirl. The Flash and Arrow had just started to feel like they were going in circles. 

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

SIC is gonna go with something even more recent because fuck it lmao.

TVI was pulling insane shares with classic soaps. Remédio Santo doesn't fit in that description lmao. Nobody wants to see Rita Pereira selling his soul to the Devil again. Espirito Indomável was huge back in the day. 

Have they repeated Deixa-me Amar or Feitiço de Amor yet? I really don't get the strategy behind buying a silly Mexican soap dubbed in Brazilian when you have a crazy vault full of soaps you can throw in there.

Rita Pereira selling "his" soul? My whole life has been a lie :ph34r:

But yeah, Remédio Santo was no classic or huge ratings hit, but it was critically raved back in the day and it is a very commercial show on paper. Sedução was the flop of the century in its original run and it did good numbers at 2PM, so it's not like it was impossible for a forgotten show to do great business. But they fucked RS up with lack of marketing and then putting some random ass Linha Aberta rip-off before it, and now, instead of saving the slot with an actual classic, they bring this thing over instead :rofl:  They are beyond comprehension. And again, the idea wasn't that stupid in concept, as it takes advantage from being something that's never been aired before (so, not a repeat) + being a story based on the Bible, and the Portuguese audience loves sucking Jesus' dick. But the actual product is so abysmal (at least from a dubbing perspective) that I even wonder how anybody stands watching it for anything other than laughs.

Don't think they've repeated Deixa-me Amar yet, but they already put Feitiço de Amor at 6PM and it did pretty great, as did Doce Fugitiva.

I hope to fucking God SIC doesn't put Amor Maior at 2PM. The last recent soaps were all big enough bombs as they were, and Amor Maior ended 2 fucking years ago. Linha Aberta every day or Globo would be far better options.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

I never watched Legends but up until halfway through last season(about 18 months ago) I was up to date with the other 3 shows. However, I just fell behind and haven’t gone back. I keep thinking about catching up but it just hasn’t happened. 

I think I’m furthest ahead on Supergirl. The Flash and Arrow had just started to feel like they were going in circles. 

I watched a few episodes of Legends of Tomorrow and bailed. There was only like one or two semi-interesting characters on the entire show.

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles must be set for life. No need to ever work again (not that they have anything going on besides that show anyway).

They 'made' kids.

Jared and Jensen each 3, Misha something 2 during the series

Don't ask why I know that, I did watch the early seasons from time to time, but haven't since.... a long time.

But I like to watch at YT outtakes / bloopers of series and movies I know a bit.

Have not even watched those since maybe halftime?

14 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I said yesterday that Disney+ is virtually live already in Australia because Disney have an agreement with Stan, a local streaming service. I just checked something. 

- snip -

Clearly it’s not there yet. 

so you can see Tele's work?

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

tenor.gif

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

Greta Gerwig must be grateful that the toxic reaction to that show's finale killed the spin-off that she was gonna star on (that had a pilot shot and everything) and allowed her to move on to much greater things.

A long running sitcom can be a gold mine for leading actors, though. If things had worked out well for her How to Get Away with Mother spin-off I doubt she would be unhappy now.

The one-two combo of Jack & Jill and That's My Boy within a few months of each other is the moment everybody turned against Adam Sandler. Since Pixels flopped his only theatrical releases have been the Hotel Transylvania sequels because Netflix stepped up to the plate as the ones to cover his paid vacations disguised as movies.

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The one-two combo of Jack & Jill and That's My Boy within a few months of each other is the moment everybody turned against Adam Sandler. Since Pixels flopped his only theatrical releases have been the Hotel Transylvania sequels because Netflix stepped up to the plate as the ones to cover his paid vacations disguised as movies.

After Meyerowitz Stories I'm glad he's at least not waiting another 15 years to work with a major auteur. Can't wait for Uncut Gems

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

After Meyerowitz Stories I'm glad he's at least not waiting another 15 years to work with a major auteur. Can't wait for Uncut Gems

...wait what, Kevin Garnett is in that?

tenor.gif?itemid=8726688

• Like 1