Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Brooklyn Nine Nine is a copy and paste of Parks & Rec archetypes and the lead guy is the most annoying person on human kind's history. The Good Place is very creative, it has many twists and turns you won't see coming, and it's worth watching, but it's not very funny so I wouldn't put it as one of the greatest NBC comedies. 

One of the things that made watching the last season of Dexter even worse was its final episodes were going against the final episodes of Breaking Bad at the same time. Going from Breaking Bad to Dexter at that point was like going from eating a great meal to getting those dishes you ate the meal off of smashed over your head and the waiter spitting on you. It was a horrible feeling. 

9 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

One of the things that made watching the last season of Dexter even worse was its final episodes were going against the final episodes of Breaking Bad at the same time. Going from Breaking Bad to Dexter at that point was like going from eating a great meal to getting those dishes you ate the meal off of smashed over your head and the waiter spitting on you. It was a horrible feeling. 

Wasn't the finale the same day as the best episode of Breaking Bad (Ozymandias)?

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Just repeat Ninguém Como Tu again. People will watch it again and love it again. Move on with the two seasons of Jardins Proibidos, Ilha dos Amores, Olhos de Água, Anjo Selvagem, Dei-te Quase Tudo and Mundo Meu. 

Or pull Belmonte from the vault and witness people lose their shit with the ending again.

Or air Ninguém Como Tu until the end of times and somehow still win every day at 2 PM after the 7th repeat. Greatest soap ever.

Just avoid spending money in a dubbed Mexican soap when you have decades of soaps to repeat, it is fucking dumb.

These are the guys who thought that a pity special about the Mozambique disaster would do any good at 7PM last night, so dumb is something they would do very well. It did Who Wants To Marry My Son numbers, and it shocked about zero people.

Ninguém Como Tu was doing batshit insane numbers the last time it repeated at 2PM, wasn't it? It was hitting 30-35% share or something. Same for Tempo de Viver, which (to my knowledge) wasn't even a HUGE hit when it originally aired in 2006/07 (it did pretty good but nothing phenomenally great), but then it went ballistic in the re-run. The two greatest Portuguese soap operas of all time. They only need to bring one of those two back.... or Ilha dos Amores, which was the 1st one that re-aired in this time slot and that was many years ago. And it's also wildly beloved, as are the other two.

But nah, they're either gonna jam Remédio Santo back in there again or they're gonna buy something else from South America :rofl:  Less than a year ago, Espírito Indomável was doing great at 2PM, and even at 3PM. And now the biggest soap (Mar Salgado - which was a monster hit in its original run, but who the fuck wants to rewatch 300 episode soaps that ended 4 years ago?!?) doesn't even hit 20% share over there. Fiasco. Speaking of which, Mar Salgado comes to an end either next week or the week after and there's still no news of the replacement. Hopefully SIC puts something from Globo there, just so they can put TVI out of their misery, since the afternoon is their Achilles heel currently (both Júlia and Avenida Brasil bombed catastrophically yesterday).

Edited by MCKillswitch123

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

These are the guys who thought that a pity special about the Mozambique disaster would do any good at 7PM last night, so dumb is something they would do very well. It did Who Wants To Marry My Son numbers, and it shocked about zero people.

Ninguém Como Tu was doing batshit insane numbers the last time it repeated at 2PM, wasn't it? It was hitting 30-35% share or something. Same for Tempo de Viver, which (to my knowledge) wasn't even a HUGE hit when it originally aired in 2006/07 (it did pretty good but nothing phenomenally great), but then it went ballistic in the re-run. The two greatest Portuguese soap operas of all time. They only need to bring one of those two back.... or Ilha dos Amores, which was the 1st one that re-aired in this time slot and that was many years ago. And it's also wildly beloved, as are the other two.

But nah, they're either gonna jam Remédio Santo back in there again or they're gonna buy something else from South America :rofl:  Less than a year ago, Espírito Indomável was doing great at 2PM, and even at 3PM. And now the biggest soap (Mar Salgado - which was a monster hit in its original run, but who the fuck wants to rewatch 300 episode soaps that ended 4 years ago?!?) doesn't even hit 20% share over there. Fiasco. Speaking of which, Mar Salgado comes to an end either next week or the week after and there's still no news of the replacement. Hopefully SIC puts something from Globo there, just so they can put TVI out of their misery, since the afternoon is their Achilles heel currently (both Júlia and Avenida Brasil bombed catastrophically yesterday).

BOT -- come for the fandom wars, stay for the Portuguese TV programming analysis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Knock It Off 1

Am I the only one BAFFLED by how some people feel the need to Quote Tweet a response to Donald Trump or some racists or homophobes tweet on Twitter?

Im just sitting here having a nice day and now here comes a guy I follow pumping this venom into my Twitter feed. I see their response BUT I now have to look at initial troll tweet. Why? What does responding to this tweet solve? I was doing so well ignoring the fact that hateful people like this exist but you just had to ruin my day by reminding me that they’re out there just so you can like you’ve done something useful.

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

Am I the only one BAFFLED by how some people feel the need to Quote Tweet a response to Donald Trump or some racists or homophobes tweet on Twitter?

Im just sitting here having a nice day and now here comes a guy I follow pumping this venom into my Twitter feed. I see their response BUT I now have to look at initial troll tweet. Why? What does responding to this tweet solve? I was doing so well ignoring the fact that hateful people like this exist but you just had to ruin my day by reminding me that they’re out there just so you can like you’ve done something useful.

Muted words are extremely helpful these days. 

From r/fantasybaseball in regards to phenom Fernando Tatis Jr. making the opening day roster:

The owners are really trying to avoid a strike.

I admit, I laughed. :lol:

===

In all actuality, I think it's more a Padres organizational philosophy (they've been aggressive with their rookies this year) plus, perhaps, teams realizing that playing service time games for a seventh year of control that may never matter might, MIGHT, becoming counterproductive. 

Now all the extensions that have been handed out the last 10 days or so?   That might be a sign of owners trying to avoid a strike. ;)

1 hour ago, AJG said:

This is one of the many reasons I deleted all of my social media accounts. It literally wasn't healthy for me.

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

This is one of the many reasons I deleted all of my social media accounts. It literally wasn't healthy for me.

It fucks up your outlook. People aren’t that bad in the real world but sometimes social media makes you think it’s the end of days. Most people outside don’t know, nor do they care, about the latest piece of controversial news on the web.

I used this site less for a couple of months and felt great. I want to increase my ignorance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJG said:

It fucks up your outlook. People aren’t that bad in the real world but sometimes social media makes you think it’s the end of days. Most people outside don’t know, nor do they care, about the latest piece of controversial news on the web.

I used this site less for a couple of months and felt great. I want to increase my ignorance. 

The truest piece of wisdom on this site this week:).  It's why I encourage everyone to get out and have in-person face-to-face contact and conversation with friends AND (if possible) new people each week (smiles are contagious in life - use them early and often:)...people are good and want to be good - we want to make someone's day and have our day saved by someone - it's human nature:).  

5 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

You still watch those?

I still watch some of the CW DC shows (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl) but Supergirl is the only one that hasn't become completely rote (and will hopefully end before it does). I'm really happy that Arrow is ending next season, shit's been stale for a long time now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I still watch some of the CW DC shows (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl) but Supergirl is the only one that hasn't become completely rote (and will hopefully end before it does). I'm really happy that Arrow is ending next season, shit's been stale for a long time now.

I watched about a season of each. Got the gist of it and was good not going  back.