Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

21 hours ago, Porthos said:

From r/fantasybaseball in regards to phenom Fernando Tatis Jr. making the opening day roster:

I admit, I laughed. :lol:

===

In all actuality, I think it's more a Padres organizational philosophy (they've been aggressive with their rookies this year) plus, perhaps, teams realizing that playing service time games for a seventh year of control that may never matter might, MIGHT, becoming counterproductive. 

Now all the extensions that have been handed out the last 10 days or so?   That might be a sign of owners trying to avoid a strike. ;)

I'm not salty that the Padres chose to promote Tatis Jr over Luis Urias, who for weeks and weeks was considered locked to be the starting shortstop and I drafted Urias as a flyer pick in multiple fantasy leagues because of that. No sir.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I'm not salty that the Padres chose to promote Tatis Jr over Luis Urias, who for weeks and weeks was considered locked to be the starting shortstop and I drafted Urias as a flyer pick in multiple fantasy leagues because of that. No sir.

Guess who drafted Tatis Jr. in their keeper league this year even though he already had Vlad sucking down the NA slot. :ph34r:

Gotta say, I was rather pleased to get that unexpected gift, as I was expecting to have to eat the roster spot for about three to four weeks while I waited for Vlad to get healthy. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Disbelief 2

i can't even watch the foodie reality tv shows. at least with the singing or dancing shows i can judge who i like for myself but i can't taste the food and sorry i don't trust gordon ramsay to tell me who's making the good food and who's not i've been to one of his restaurants and found it to be UNREMARKABLE.

36 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Everything you ever needed to know about Twitter, summed up in one sentence:

Twitter collectively lost its mind today when it found out that some people actually enjoy slicing bagels.

Like, what the flying fuck, people?  Who the fuckity fuck cares how people eat their goddrat bagels.  I don't even care if it was in jest, mocking/complaining about sliced bagels is a new low.  And for Twitter, that says something.

Better than yesterday's controversy

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Guess who drafted Tatis Jr. in their keeper league this year even though he already had Vlad sucking down the NA slot. :ph34r:

Gotta say, I was rather pleased to get that unexpected gift, as I was expecting to have to eat the roster spot for about three to four weeks while I waited for Vlad to get healthy. 

*sees @Telemachos' and @4815162342's reactions to this post*

sterntroll.gif

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

And all it took was the Female Godfather to kill it. I die every time I think Rita Pereira is getting massive paychecks and new shows to host on TVI and the first interview she gave as a mom was an exclusive to Cristina. 

Holy shit they already pulled that Mozambique special. I can't at this shit lmao.

I mean, I think Rita did fine in Dancing With The Stars and all, but yeah, it is funny that they're trying to turn her into the new Cristina and failing. Cristina = power. I also feel really bad for Maria Cerqueira Gomes, who's getting completely swept by huuuuuge pressure and intimidation factor.

Either way, TVI apparently just announced their new plans for next week through their media information website: Who Wants To Marry My Son's final episode airs this fucking Sunday, and from the 7th onwards, A Teia will air at 11PM after Stripped; the Remédio Santo repeat will return..... to 1:30AM, where it may be crammed in there with two other repeats (Amanhecer and Doce Tentação); Raid The Cage will be a Saturday format only and exclusive to famous people, which indicates that A Tarde é Sua will stay as a 3 hour show (and to TVI's credit, this is the best decision cause Raid does pretty well on Saturdays); and, the kicker of them all........ the new season of Inspetor Max, the one that they shot a few years ago and had been infinitely kept hidden away for no good reason, is going to 7PM.

:rofl:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

8 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

So there is this hot chick who I banged at the bar I am hanging out...She is on a date but we have done the what's up head nod...

I would naturally leave it alone but the guy looks like a tool 

You need to provoke a bar fight, but only if someone has their camera out. We need footage.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

So there is this hot chick who I banged at the bar I am hanging out...She is on a date but we have done the what's up head nod...

I would naturally leave it alone but the guy looks like a tool 

objects-in-mirror.jpg

Spoiler

👀

• Haha 1