Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Nova said:

The question is which AL team will they lose to this year. My money is on the Stros, Sox or Yanks 

Dodgers are doing a tour of the AL divisions.  They've already lost to the West and East, so I reckon it's Cleveland's turn this time.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, DAR said:

The strollers are very dangerous 

In all my years of visiting the parks (including the last time the week after Thanksgiving 2017) I have never encountered someone with strollers carrying a half dozen kids who didn't cause a scene pushing them around to get places.

I'll turn 30 in 2 years and still haven't found myself. I don't know what to do with my life. I dropped out of college to work in the family company but I hate it and I hate my hometown.

I could take my savings and next year go pursue my dream of becoming a screenwriter at the risk of running out of money without achieving anything, having to come back to my town, or I could just stay for another decade working hard and taking over the family company to be rich in my 40s and then do whatever I want.

I just wish I cared about this 10 years ago. I have no more time to make mistakes. You young people, care about your future. (P.S.: don't blame me, my parents should have given me guidance...)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'll turn 30 in 2 years and still haven't found myself. I don't know what to do with my life. I dropped out of college to work in the family company but I hate it and I hate my hometown.

I could take my savings and next year go pursue my dream of becoming a screenwriter at the risk of running out of money without achieving anything, having to come back to my town, or I could just stay for another decade working hard and taking over the family company to be rich in my 40s and then do whatever I want.

I just wish I cared about this 10 years ago. I have no more time to make mistakes. You young people, care about your future. (P.S.: don't blame me, my parents should have given me guidance...)

Whatever you end up choosing to do, you have more time than you think. Everyone always talks about the young successes, but there are plenty of older ones as well. It’s also easy to say “find a job doing something you love”, but honestly sometimes that’s not the answer; sometimes it’s better to have a solid job that gives some financial stability and lets you pursue a hobby (or hobbies) that bring you joy. 

If you want to be a screenwriter, I think it’s imperative that you write regularly (whether a set amount of time daily, or giving yourself a weekly goal, or whatever). The only way to get good is just to grind through it.

Where do you see yourself in five years? Where would you like to be? Envision that, and then work backward: what goals do you need to have reached in four years? In three? ...and so on. The fun thing is, you get to choose all this, and having a choice is a great beginning. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

What the hell is he even working on right now?  Its so unlike Ridley Scott not to be releasing 1 movie per year.

Director (49 credits)
  Queen & Country (attached) (announced)
  Raised by Wolves (TV Series) (2 episodes) (pre-production)
 2019/II The Journey (Short)
Producer (135 credits)
  Battle of Britain (producer) (announced)
  Blade Runner: Black Lotus (TV Series) (executive producer - 12 episodes) (announced)
- Episode #1.13 ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.12 ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.11 ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.9 ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.8 ... (executive producer)
  David (producer) (announced)
  Earthless (producer) (announced)
  Emma's War (producer) (announced)
  Gladiator 2 (producer) (announced)
  Potsdamer Platz (producer) (announced)
  The Cartel (TV Series) (executive producer) (announced)
  War Party (producer) (announced)
  Raised by Wolves (TV Series) (executive producer - 2 episodes) (pre-production)
- Episode #1.2 ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.1 ... (executive producer)
 2020 Death on the Nile (producer) (pre-production)
 2019 A Christmas Carol (TV Series) (executive producer - 3 episodes) (pre-production)
- Episode #1.3 (2019) ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.2 (2019) ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.1 (2019) ... (executive producer)
  Lyrebird (producer) (post-production)
 2019 Earthquake Bird (executive producer) (post-production)
 2019 Jungleland (executive producer) (post-production)
 2019 The Hot Zone (TV Mini-Series) (executive producer - 6 episodes) (post-production)
- Hidden (2019) ... (executive producer)
- Quarantine (2019) ... (executive producer)
- Expendable (2019) ... (executive producer)
- Charlie Foxtrot (2019) ... (executive producer)
- Ben son 1 (2019) ... (executive producer)
 2018-2019 The Terror (TV Series) (executive producer - 11 episodes)
- Episode #2.1 (2019) ... (executive producer)
- We Are Gone (2018) ... (executive producer)
- The C, the C, the Open C (2018) ... (executive producer)
- Terror Camp Clear (2018) ... (executive producer)
- Horrible from Supper (2018) ... (executive producer)
 2019 The Passage (TV Series) (executive producer - 10 episodes)
- Last Lesson (2019) ... (executive producer)
- Stay in the Light (2019) ... (executive producer)
- You Are Not That Girl Anymore (2019) ... (executive producer)
- You Are Like the Sun (2019) ... (executive producer)
- I Want to Know What You Taste Like (2019) ... (executive producer)

I guess we can say he does probably more than some 30y olds manage to do. As an 81y old. ;)

I was flicking through the movie channels and Two Hands was on. It’s roughly 20 years since it was made. 

The editor, Lee Evans, would go on to be the editor of choice for Christopher Nolan

Also, in a previous employment role I met Rose Byrne a number of times. 

• Astonished 1

13 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Ahh, no matter what they do, they will always lose based on the competition from the Femme Fatale. Plus, SIC is gonna reboot its programming in a lot of ways too and they might come out even stronger than they are at the moment. But yeah, they need a refreshener asap. Recently, they dropped an interview saying that they've basically been shitting the bed with the programming on purpose just so they lose stock/money value more quickly and get sold off to a rich parent company more easily as a result :rofl:

I have read this. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

RIP Agnès Varda. Was and is a treasure. Marathoned most of her filmography just a few months ago for the first time and man this hits hard. Her level of curiosity and generosity towards the world is something I can only hope to one day come close to.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

RIP Agnès Varda. Was and is a treasure. Marathoned most of her filmography just a few months ago for the first time and man this hits hard. Her level of curiosity and generosity towards the world is something I can only hope to one day come close to.

With some shame, I've missed the boat on her work to this point. Gonna start rectifying that. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Oh my God, I didn't expect this to happen at all. 

She made some of the most human French Wave films and Vagabond is my favourite film from the movement. So sad to see her go.

Edited by lorddemaxus

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

She just finished making a documentary didn't she? 

Yeah it premiered in Berlin just last month. Nice to know there's still one last film to look forward to. (And I still have a few older ones to catch up with.)