Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, MrPink said:

My new pickup line on dating apps

All the chicks are coming to lick your pubic hairs (if you have them - please don't answer if you do or not) with that kind of lines.

6 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 ISABELA VALADEIRO IS GOING TO SIC LMAO

Yeah, I heard. Interesting.

On the other hand, that same SIC announced Amor Maior premieres at 2PM this Monday. What the fuck?!?!

35 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

All the chicks are coming to lick your pubic hairs (if you have them - please don't answer if you do or not) with that kind of lines.

On the other hand, that same SIC announced Amor Maior premieres at 2PM this Monday. What the fuck?!?!

😐

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, RichWS said:

HOLY SHIT PURDUE-VIRGINIA

UVA pulled it out - I'm so psyched:)!  The ending to regulation was insane (and may make coaches rethink the intentional fouling when up 3:)...

Although, watching Perdue and Edwards was like watching Cleveland with Lebron - it was one absolute insane all star who couldn't miss, til OT...but he just didn't get picked up by his teammates...

7 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Amor Maior is still gonna beat that Mexican nonsense TVI is airing. You knew it was coming. SIC has no problem repeating recent soaps. TVI should do the same before thinking about buying Mexican nonsense dubbed in brazilian.

40 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

this pretty much sums up tracking box office of a film 1 month after it's been in cinema

Cameron must have really captured a different audience each day Terminator was released in 84.  

It was like when The Ring was remade in 03, it had a small OW but each viewer captured the reward of watching the movie 

It seems harder to unleash the correct movies to the masses in a controlled environment these days.

The secrecy of the plots of Avatar and Star Wars will have to constantly reinvent value

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

Amor Maior is still gonna beat that Mexican nonsense TVI is airing. You knew it was coming. SIC has no problem repeating recent soaps. TVI should do the same before thinking about buying Mexican nonsense dubbed in brazilian.

I really don't know about that.... it ended less than two years ago, for God's sake. Who the hell is gonna be interested in rewatching a long ass soap that came out that recently? And it's not like it was a quick, digestible show.... it was a year plus long show. And it wasn't a huge ratings hit by any stretch.... as a matter of fact, it was a pretty massive disappointment. Ratings and quality wise. And the trend for repeats of recent soap operas has been downward - Dancin' Days and Laços de Sangue both did well, but Sol de Inverno kinda bombed and it's been a disaster since then. Mar Salgado averaged 15% in rating in its original run, it was a behemoth. And it's totally flopping right now, with the only reason why it leads often being that its lead ins are absolutely gigantic, but when you look at it, it falls down from Primeiro Jornal's 30% share to usually sub-20%. And the other recent soap opera that came after it and was premiered at 3PM did even worse. The Mexican nonsense is actually competitive, for all of it's nonsensery. I think Amor Maior is gonna be lucky if it retains Mar Salgado's audience, and I'm thinking it might actually go down. But this shouldn't have been the decision. Linha Aberta every day would've been a better choice.

If TVI premieres Ilha dos Amores at 2PM, as it's currently being rumored they might, that's a boost for them to basically win that whole 2PM to 6PM stretch of the afternoon, and with their current domination of the prime time added on top, that's a pretty big chunk of the daily numbers. Granted, that happened these past two Fridays (2PM-6PM + prime time) and SIC still won, but again, this thing might do worse than Mar Salgado, so I guess we'll see.

The scary thing is that if Amor Maior does work, that might incentive SIC to put Paixão at 2PM later down the line. Which would be the joke of the century.

Edited by MCKillswitch123