Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

if you get to worship everything about Star Wars,

then you have to laugh at Bowfinger when I put it on and not walk away shaking your head with anger

Spoiler

and the fight brews or deepens/(sinks further into that space-time gravity trampoline)

Edited by 2010s Painkiller Race

11 hours ago, cannastop said:

Daddy ain't bail her out?

I know she's trying to make original content out here and that's commendable, but it's hard for me to feel any kind of sympathy for these rich kids.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TMP said:

But I thought Mendelson was a Disney-hating DC fanboy?? That's what BOT told me

He hates GA even more. Goes full martyr every time a movie makes less than he wanted it to, ignoring always the e.g. quality of the movie or other reasons the GA had to dislike a movie.

22 minutes ago, AJG said:

I know she's trying to make original content out here and that's commendable, but it's hard for me to feel any kind of sympathy for these rich kids.

Holy cow her father is rich. Wow. I did not realise Annapurna and Skydance bosses were children of a mega-rich billionnaire. Nah who cares if her company burns. Whatever.

It is interesting though since Annapurna is set to distribute Bond 25 and this will be the first big hit from the studio, but if they shut before they even got to release their first tentpole, yikes.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

@CJohn Dancing and Raid duo confirmed for Saturday :hahaha:

Amazing. I also forgot that Sunday's Prisioneira will not only go up against the finale of The Farmer Wants A Wife, but also against I Love Portugal, a new game show hosted by both Vasco Palmeirim and Filomena Cautela.

TVI is so going to third place this Summer, holy shit.

Ha, found out how to add someone to ignore on mobile!

For the ones seeking to do the same: 

write down the spelling if it’s about more than one, click on the arrow beside your name (at the page‘s top) and select ‚ignored users‘. Fill in the name(s) ....

Way clearer screen at this iPad, it’s just considerable smaller as my notebook‘s screen 

31 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Ha, found out how to add someone to ignore on mobile!

For the ones seeking to do the same: 

write down the spelling if it’s about more than one, click on the arrow beside your name (at the page‘s top) and select ‚ignored users‘. Fill in the name(s) ....

Way clearer screen at this iPad, it’s just considerable smaller as my notebook‘s screen 

I personally don't see the point of the Ignore function, if I don't like someones posts i just will not reply to those people. 

55 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I personally don't see the point of the Ignore function, if I don't like someones posts i just will not reply to those people. 

I dont ignore as frankly the wacky posts is what makes a forum interesting or else it turns into a boring one sided circlejerk. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 hours ago, AJG said:

It's Relativity Media and Open Road Films all over again, a lot of these mini-majors always forget that being a producer and distributing and marketing your films are two very different matters.

I wonder if this will affect their joint-venture with MGM?

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The race as to who goes under first between STX and Annapurna is on it seems.

STX seems to be doing okay. A few months ago they did an investor round and got $700million. https://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-stx-entertainment-financing-20190311-story.html

Apparently last year revenue was up 125%.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJG said:

Yeah kind of how I feel about Travis Knight. Although I don't think he has any actual difficulties.

Edited by cannastop

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Yeah kind of how I feel about Travis Knight. Although I don' think he has any actual difficulties.

Holy crap, I never knew Travis Knight is son of the Nike founder and Laika is made by that. Wow.

Edited by Avatree

6 hours ago, Avatree said:

Holy cow her father is rich. Wow. I did not realise Annapurna and Skydance bosses were children of a mega-rich billionnaire. Nah who cares if her company burns. Whatever.

It is interesting though since Annapurna is set to distribute Bond 25 and this will be the first big hit from the studio, but if they shut before they even got to release their first tentpole, yikes.

Huh. Didn't realize Skydance was also run by a child of Larry Ellison. Dude's not just a billionaire, he's a $66 billion guy.