Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Prisioneira on Sunday: 4.1% rating and 10% share.

It's like TVI is at a competition with itself to find out what is the biggest flop.

I was coming here to tell you this. Holy sweet fucking God I have no words to describe this disaster. Lowest rating and share ever for a soap in the channel from what I am reading.

• Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I just found out that Disney (I mean the whole company) fanboys exist. I have no clue why these huge corporate entity have fanboys. It's just disgusting.

My giant corporation out to make oodles of money is better than your corporation out to make oodles of money. Ha! Take THAT!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I just found out that Disney (I mean the whole company) fanboys exist. I have no clue why these huge corporate entity have fanboys. It's just disgusting.

You've been on this site for months, and you're just now discovering this?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I was coming here to tell you this. Holy sweet fucking God I have no words to describe this disaster. Lowest rating and share ever for a soap in the channel from what I am reading.

Yeah, even their 90's soaps probably did better. I imagine it must be one of the lowest results ever for a Portuguese soap aired at night as well. Can only imagine SIC's late 2000's flops that aired at midnight as ones that did worse than that.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

15 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I don't know if there are so many Disney "fanboys" as there are people who just like what they're doing and defend them from Disney haters. There are DEFINITELY Disney haters.

There are but they're mainly salty of Disney's domination and are under the belief that they killed their faves from being hits (the answer to that is a resounding "no").

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

There are but they're mainly salty of Disney's domination and are under the belief that they killed their faves from being hits (the answer to that is a resounding "no").

True enough. True enough.

Most of those films are flopping as they cant convince people to pay 15 bucks to see those films in theaters, not due to Disney. 

I really think we need to focus on why Disney does so well?

Limited releases... Each film film is an event and dominates the pop culture for that week or 2 weeks and people think its worth going through all the trouble to the cinema and checking it out. 

The reality is that other studios are doing a poor job in getting people excited for their films. 

11 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I blame you 😉

For the moment the plan is to collect titles in the different languages and such, to have some basics I'll reduce later to the count you'll give.

It is already nearing a count of 90

I know I did not got them all, too many I do not remember any actor's name nor the director's, it difficult with a description in a searching engine, as every one uses other terms for a summary of a movie.

I am assuming you are german, so I will ask this have you seen the movie Das Leben der Anderen from 2006? That's my favorite German film ever. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

not due to Disney

Well that assuming that Disney didn't play a role to the terrible notion that a movie need to be an event (considering having more than 15 events in a year seem already pushing it).

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I really think we need to focus on why Disney does so well?

Not sure what we would need anything, even if I understand anything or I am completely mislead what does it change, but at first glance it seem so linked to IP when not actual studios acquisition (Pixar, Marvel, Lucas Art, etc...) that I am not sure what someone can do with the lesson from studying Disney, it is not like they can turn around and buy a Pixar (to have not only Pixar but make a 180 degree on their in-house animation from Pixar know how and direct influence) or a Marvel studio.

Looking at Jason Blum and could this work outside horror-thriller for example or the year Universal had in 2015, seem more reproducible.

43 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I am assuming you are german, so I will ask this have you seen the movie Das Leben der Anderen from 2006? That's my favorite German film ever. 

Yep. Is on my 'German' part of my list.

For its Das Boot and/or Die Brücke, but I am not done by far.

Funnily I have way more French titles on my list than German ones. Lots of Italians too. Japanese, Spanish, Russian, Greek.

E.g. also 2x Dutch, 1x Saami,...

What is the best Danish movie in your POV?

In the past I watched nearly all, but nowadays I am done with a lot of themes.
(no animated, no horror, no focused on romance, no too comedic / slapstick. No extremer drama in the behaviour, I am so overfed on those. And as I have lost quite some friends and family to mostly cancer, accidents caused by others, heart-attacks e.g. per bullying .... for the moment no need for a movie that ends badly/sad. My dog is now dead since 12 days .All those ~ genres can be excellent, but might not be good for my mood. Need uplift, captivating,...)

26 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Yep. Is on my 'German' part of my list.

For its Das Boot and/or Die Brücke, but I am not done by far.

Funnily I have way more French titles on my list than German ones. Lots of Italians too. Japanese, Spanish, Russian, Greek.

E.g. also 2x Dutch, 1x Saami,...

What is the best Danish movie in your POV?

In the past I watched nearly all, but nowadays I am done with a lot of themes.
(no animated, no horror, no focused on romance, no too comedic / slapstick. No extremer drama in the behaviour, I am so overfed on those. And as I have lost quite some friends and family to mostly cancer, accidents caused by others, heart-attacks e.g. per bullying .... for the moment no need for a movie that ends badly/sad. My dog is now dead since 12 days .All those ~ genres can be excellent, but might not be good for my mood. Need uplift, captivating,...)

I need to see Das Boot soon before the thread. 

Adam's Apples from 2005, it's been a while since I have seen any danish movies. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Was watching Euphoria on HBO with Zendeya and it was really good and think it really shows what life for a teen is like in 2019 but what was with all the mans in the show finishing a bang in 15 secs :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Another real life thing. 

• Haha 1

Surgery in two days.  Today was the last day at work for four to six weeks.  Bed is being delivered tomorrow, and I will get my wheelchair tag in the morning.  No food or drink after midnight.  I can have clear liquids until 4am, like I will be

up.  

I trust the surgeon who trusts the anesthesiologist so I do too.  If all goes well I should be pain free in about 9 days.

• Like 3

Euphoria.

The TV  SHow that wants you to believe the US youth is to feel sorry for while they live in the most prosperous time in the history of the workd by far in the weathiest country of the world where you don't heve to do much to have everything ( every effort is done by machines, robots and computers or slave shops abroad).

Oh the fucking irony.

But the course correction is coming and soon, people won't kill themselves because they were harrased on Twitter.

Somehow, someday, we will have to teach these toddlers the value of things.

Not gonna happen any time soon when immature people aka boomers aka the hedonists  run this shit show.

A chinese man who runs a french café near where I live used to eat roots to survive in the 90's, some 25 years a go.

He would probably throw up watching Euphoria.

The course correction can't come soon enough really.