Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

45 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Pretty much. That girl that's whining in the video said "Prince never won album of the year! Yet look at Bruno! Bruno stole from him and won! Because white people love Bruno!" So, I assume white people didnt like Prince? Well that's news.

Seriously, who cares? Kendrick is still a goat, Grammy or not, and we know that. I don't think Beyonce has won it either, but we all still acknowledge how good Lemonade was anyway, and how good she is in general. People call her Queen Bey for a reason.

The moment people (myself included) stop looking towards a small committee of people to reward those who we think deserve rewarding, the better off we'll be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

Hey I peeked into twitter to see if I wanted to look at it again.  And there were arguments why the new Grinch film was crapping on Jim Carrey. 

Yes there was a lot of Carrey Grinch defense yesterday lol. Yes the movie sucks, but it's still a part of 90's kids' childhood so I'm not surprised.

4 minutes ago, Morieris said:

That Jenner Pepsi shit was hilariously tone deaf though.

It was hilariously tone deaf, but the vitriol that was throw at Kendall Jenner specifically was unfair. It's not like it was frigging Dana Loesch.

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Yes there was a lot of Carrey Grinch defense yesterday lol. Yes the movie sucks, but it's still a part of 90's kids' childhood so I'm not surprised.

It was hilariously tone deaf, but the vitriol that was throw at Kendall Jenner specifically was unfair. It's not like it was frigging Dana Loesch.

I get that but they misspelled Boris Karloff and Thurl Ravenscroft.

• Thanks 1

Honestly my biggest beef with the Pepsi ad was how everybody was dressed. I'm tired of the Brooklyn bbq H&M hobo look. I'm not fashion expert, but damn. Don't know what's worse, that or our mid 2000's giant logo phase.

btw, I showed Tele Jr BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA the other day -- well, mostly (we watched while we played Junior Monopoly and I made sure he paid attention to the big scenes). He was into it way more than expected: he liked the fighting, the magic, was into the ghosts and Lo Pan, and made all the right noises for the various monsters (floating eyeball head: "Ew! GROSS!"; giant hairy monster: "Oooh, it's like a Yeti only BAD!").

@baumer @MrPink @DAR @75Live @4815162342 @Jay Hollywood @The Stingray

Edited by HerediTele
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, HerediTele said:

btw, I showed Tele Jr BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA the other day -- well, mostly (we watched while we played Junior Monopoly and I made sure he paid attention to the big scenes). He was into it way more than expected: he liked the fighting, the magic, was into the ghosts and Lo Pan, and made all the right noises for the various monsters (floating eyeball head: "Ew! GROSS!"; giant hairy monster: "Oooh, it's like a Yeti only BAD!").

showing him the good films and glad he's picking up on the right movies to like :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HerediTele said:

It'll be great when he starts introducing himself as Jack Burton

• Like 1

Oh My God!!! 

I think its JLaw in LAX Delta Lounge or at least that's what people are whispering. 

How do I take a selfie? More importantly how do I tell her her fetish with older guys needs to end and AC is the way to go?

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

Oh My God!!! 

I think its JLaw in LAX Delta Lounge or at least that's what people are whispering. 

How do I take a selfie? More importantly how do I tell her her fetish with older guys needs to end and AC is the way to go?

If other people are asking her for pics then join 'em.

Just now, filmlover said:

If other people are asking her for pics then join 'em.

We all are daring each other as to who will be first one. There's this mean looking John cena wannabe standing guard near her.

Thinking about yelling Katniss and see if she looks up. 

Just now, ACSlater said:

We all are daring each other as to who will be first one. There's this mean looking John cena wannabe standing guard near her.

Thinking about yelling Katniss and see if she looks up. 

If there's a bodyguard with her then yeah you're probably SOL. Too bad. Meeting famous people is an awesome feeling.

19 minutes ago, HerediTele said:

@baumer @MrPink @DAR @75Live @4815162342 @Jay Hollywood @The Stingray

But does he understand how it's a subversion of the arrogant white male action hero archetype

• Haha 1

Those games will not be broadcast on local TV.

Baseball Twitter is... not happy about this.

There is a bright side though:

====

Okay, sure, it isn't a million miles away from ESPN exclusivity for Sunday Night Baseball (and others).  But peeps didn't like that either when it was introduced.

Besides... Facebook?  Yuk.

• Astonished 1