Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yea I mean obviously, but when corporations set a precedent that they can suppress any organization that writes against them is banned, then that leads to terrible things.

I guess it's always moot now but another big difference is if you as a consumer don't like what a corporation is doing, you are free to boycott them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

This little portion might be over.  But don't think that the Mouse doesn't have its lawyers ready in another matter.

They'll probably just (to quote one of their most famous movies) let it go. After all, they did nothing about that low budget horror movie a few years back shot in the theme parks guerilla style because they didn't want to give it greater exposure. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yea I mean obviously, but when corporations set a precedent that they can suppress any organization that writes against them is banned, then that leads to terrible things.

Really common for company to remove all access/ads buying/etc... in a publication they do not like, it is really to the publication to be ready to get those consequence and not change what they write because of it.

There is some exception were it must be controlled military access, government access, well anything public, could not be cut or accorded freely by them or at least strong reaction must issue if they cut access just because they do not like what is writing in a publication.

I think that it is rather common and not much of a precedent, journalist acting in solidarity about it is the way too go.

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Hot take: Companies with the size and power of Disney should not exist in anything resembling a fair or democratic society. Sorry Tele. *changes avatar to that picture of Che Guevera* 

Cmaster starts reciting "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised."

• Like 1