Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

45 minutes ago, DAR said:

I thought either @A Roc in Time or @Isle of Pasta had some sort of connection to Hoopla.  Like being involved with it from the ground floor 

I....may or may not work for hoopla. If you have any questions about the app, please let me know!

• Like 1

The Andre the Giant documentary was pretty great and that's with knowing a good deal of it so that makes it even more excellent 

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 75Live said:

The Andre the Giant documentary was pretty great and that's with knowing a good deal of it so that makes it even more excellent 

Agreed though the last 20 minutes are pretty heartbreaking 

• Like 1

Currently updating an old data set and adding in some new variables suggested.

So far, this is limited, but critic scores (using metacritic) and a movie being a sequel (as well as how much its predecessor made) are turning out to be the two main significant variables.  Way to early for any certainty on this (only like 60 data points that im looking at rn, so grain of salt), but it'd match common sense.  A movie's general reception and its built in fanbase would be the obvious variables to determine box office gross.

When I finish building the dataset I'll run it in a more advanced statistical software than excel, so I can test more than 16 variables and do so much more accurately.

Currently though, I also found cinemascore to insignificant, trailer views to be nearly significant, genre to be insignificant.

All of this is a grain of salt, this is a very preliminary dataset using a bad software to run any kind of good statistical analysis.

3 hours ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Currently updating an old data set and adding in some new variables suggested.

So far, this is limited, but critic scores (using metacritic) and a movie being a sequel (as well as how much its predecessor made) are turning out to be the two main significant variables.  Way to early for any certainty on this (only like 60 data points that im looking at rn, so grain of salt), but it'd match common sense.  A movie's general reception and its built in fanbase would be the obvious variables to determine box office gross.

When I finish building the dataset I'll run it in a more advanced statistical software than excel, so I can test more than 16 variables and do so much more accurately.

Currently though, I also found cinemascore to insignificant, trailer views to be nearly significant, genre to be insignificant.

All of this is a grain of salt, this is a very preliminary dataset using a bad software to run any kind of good statistical analysis.

In my experience - trailer views are meaningless yes, but genre has a big impact. Would have to dig out my old laptop to find that data but genre is absolutely a factor. I have never looked at cinemascore.