Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, AJG said:

NBC put up trailers for their new shows. You might need a proxy site to watch them internationally, however every single one of these shows are gonna get cancelled so whatever.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/nbc-new-series-trailers-fall-2018-lineup-manifest-new-amsterdam-i-feel-bad-1202389768/

New Amsterdam is coming back. 

*sees a notification*

*double checks to make sure I saw it correctly*

*sees her posting on the forum*

*keep it cool, keep it cool*

@terrestrial is back everyone!!!!! :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

Welcome back in other words. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*sees a notification*

sees a notification

sees it's classic conversation

???

ahhh

hahahaha thx, funny new possibiities here nowadays, like to 'like' with different mood pics (I have to hover over them, me faceblind can not really understand those otherwise, still great there are now different reactions possible

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*sees a notification*

*sees her posting on the forum*

I'm just that irresistible :chaplin:

6 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syfy has cancelled The Expanse.  Bastards!

Hopefully Netflix pick it up.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/syfy-has-canceled-the-expanse-but-its-producers-want-to-find-it-a-new-home/

They cancelled it 4 days ago. It had a crazy contract situation with Syfy only having tv rights, Netflix getting OS and Amazon getting domestic streaming. No one wants a show that fragmented now, unless Alcon needs to convince either Netflix or Amazon

12 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syfy has cancelled The Expanse.  Bastards!

Hopefully Netflix pick it up.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/syfy-has-canceled-the-expanse-but-its-producers-want-to-find-it-a-new-home/

Son reacted the same way (nowadays I refuse to start to see a new tv-series before it is finished,... mostly), he read something it looks bad for a pick-up by the others, netflix seems already to have said no, amazon might still discuss it as of some hours earlier they were still quiet, but there seem to be a rumor abbout parts of the set being already sold to another sci-fi TV series.

Fingers crossed for all the fans and myself too as I want to binge watch it completly. Was the reason our family now has a netflix account (3 series in complete were/are the reason for that)

Got around to The Best Years of Our Lives. Very quality stuff right here. My worst fear was that it would be a pile-up of forced awkwardness but that's only there in small enough doses to, well, not be that forced (and that "Just look at the facts!" guy is straight up a '40s version of today's right-wing internet assholes) and is largely outweighed by what is basically a hangout movie with people who are worthy of one. (That entire night-on-the-town sequence early on is just wonderful). Potent meld of studio system craft and behavioral realism, the only obvious flaw is the score which Wyler was right to detest. 

• Like 1

Just sold my first eBook on Amazon Kindle. Im feeling incredibly proud right now :hahaha:

In other news, i watched all the Tremors Films in the last few days. First is still perfection (lol, pun not intended), the second one is surprisingly watchable, but the third one and everything after that is....lets say its entertaining :Venom:

• Like 4

The Dodgers are a game out of last place in the NL West and I can't even troll Tele about it. :(

This sucks.  How am I supposed to wring what little joy I can out of this season's bag of meh when it comes to the Giants if I can't even playfully needle Tele about baseball right now? :rant:

(I'd troll Water Bottle, but it's just not the same :ph34r:)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The Dodgers are a game out of last place in the NL West and I can't even troll Tele about it. :(

This sucks.  How am I supposed to wring what little joy I can out of this season's bag of meh when it comes to the Giants if I can't even playfully needle Tele about baseball right now? :rant:

(I'd troll Water Bottle, but it's just not the same :ph34r:)

I know. There's plenty of baseball yet to be played, but man the Dodgers have blown so far. Whereas the American League has mostly played out as expected thus far, the NL has been a bit weird. I didn't expect the Dodgers to scuffle or the Nationals to take so long to find their feet, and I definitely didn't think the Braves and Phillies would still be sitting atop the East in mid-May.

I'm also still not sure how I feel about the Alex Rodriguez Redemption Tour in ESPN's broadcast booth.

• Like 1