14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i like it when blanks likes a post that proves my genius. like just now 

me: (very right and smart)

filmlover: (wrong in every sentence)

His constant underestimation of Phantom Thread drove me nuts tbh

Edited by WrathOfHan

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

His constant underestimation of Phantom Thread drove me nuts tbh

To be fair, it was dropping very late like Silence did the year before and it wasn’t Focus’ number 1 priority (will be interesting to see how they handle no less than 4 films this year). Although I guess the Academy just didn’t care about Silence. Was very happy when Phantom Thread got the love it did and did reasonably well at the box office.

Edited by filmlover

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

I won't lie and say canon doesn't mean anything to me, coz as much as I don't want it to, it kinda does.

A bit (ie a lot) more concerned that I've heard some people say that Discovery isn't really holding up the ethos of what it means to BE Star Trek.  That is, it isn't holding up the spirit and ideals of what makes Star Trek different from a lot of other genre show.

Now it is true that my beloved DS9 had the same charges hurled at it (I always felt DS9 challenged the ST ideals but ultimately always sided with it after examination.  [Well, nearly always :ph34r:]), so I'm sympathetic to the idea that folks might be overreacting.  So I suppose I should check it out myself and see what I think.

But I admit to being very slightly skeptical, if hopeful.

Jason Isaacs tho

tumblr_oyc813njQR1tkldt9o1_500.gif

• Like 2

Speaking of TIFF I was looking at some of the more under the radar movies that will be premiering there to see if there's anything we've been sleeping on and noticed that Kyle MacLachlan had a movie premiering there thinking "Well BOT's gonna be pleased"...until I watched the trailer for it. Geez.

Did anyone watch The Sinner season 2 premiere? I'm thinking of waiting for it to be on Netflix.

I think I enjoyed the first season more for Jessica Biel than for the writing. But this one stars Carrie Coon so it will at least be worth watching because of her as well.

I know she has some fans on here, because of The Leftovers and Fargo.

Edited by Napoleon

3 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Good movies last till awards season, but meme movies remain on the internet forever.

What will be the most popular meme movie of 2018 after Infinity War? That one beats everything else by a landslide.

Edit: Oh yeah, Venom will probably be a meme factory even if it sucks.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What will be the most popular meme movie of 2018 after Infinity War? That one beats everything else by a landslide.

Edit: Oh yeah, Venom will probably be a meme factory even if it sucks.

Infinity War has one great meme and a few okay ones.

Venom’s trailer already blows everything this year out of the water in memes

2 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Infinity War has one great meme and a few okay ones.

Venom’s trailer already blows everything this year out of the water in memes

Looking forward to when Welcome to Marwen comes out and the studio puts out a thing where you can "Marwen-ify" yourself.

• Haha 1