Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, 75Live said:

so the FB thread turned into a fanboy war  lol

wow, never would have seen that coming :P  /sarcasm

I'm not very excited about seeing the second Fantastic Beasts in the first place (I'm a Harry Potter fan and enjoyed the first film fine enough but this one looks kinda boring to me) but I have even less enthusiasm for the fan wars that are mostly gonna continue happening for a while. God help us all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm not very excited about seeing the second Fantastic Beasts in the first place (I'm a Harry Potter fan and enjoyed the first film fine enough but this one looks kinda boring to me) but I have even less enthusiasm for the fan wars that are mostly gonna continue happening for a while. God help us all.

yeah I hear you about the fan wars being so exhausting.  Not looking forward to them continuing for the rest of the year for certain films either.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's weird: Bohemian Rhapsody ticks all the boxes of the biopic bait that appeals to the Academy, yet it basically failed critically. That's always a recipe for no nomination, and Malek would have been out of the running for a nomination if this movie wasn't so fucking massive at the box office. You can still make the argument he's ahead of Gosling considering BR made more in its OW than First Man will in its entire run.

It's kinda disappointing and unfortunate to think that it's gonna become #1 on the highest-grossing LGBT films list and will likely stay there for the foreseeable future, given its...questionable...treatment/depiction of his sexuality.

Edited by filmlover

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's kinda unfortunate to think that it's gonna become #1 on the highest-grossing LGBT films list and will likely stay there for the foreseeable future, given its...questionable...depiction of his sexuality.

Disney will finally make FinnPoe canon next year. (I'm more of a Kylo Hux guy myself tho)

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

so the FB thread turned into a fanboy war  lol

wow, never would have seen that coming :P  /sarcasm

FB is not the franchise I’d expect devoted fans for?  Granted it is in the Harry Potter universe, but most HP fans I know don’t seem to really care about it, they seem to prefer the school stuff

Edited by PANDA

24 minutes ago, PANDA said:

FB is not the franchise I’d expect devoted fans for?  Granted it is in the Harry Potter universe, but most HP fans I know don’t seem to really care about it, they seem to prefer the school stuff

I hear you but every fanbase is the same.  Just right now they are in the spotlight since nothing is really fan based is out right now or coming up until maybe Aquaman

Edited by 75Live

17 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Ranking the documentaries I've seen so far this year:

1. WYBMN - 10/10

2. Three Identical Stranger - 8/10

3. Free Solo - 8/10

I don't think I had ever seen a documentary film before in theaters but just this year alone, I've managed to see three of them.

for me

1. They Shall Not Grow Old

2. They'll Love Me When I'm Dead

3. Three Identical Strangers 

4. Won't You Be My Neighbour

wybmn was kinda bland to me but i didn't grow up with mr rogers he's not a thing in the uk 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

also i'll go to my grave confused about how Three Identical Strangers breezes past that one of the triplets was a murder suspect with like one throw away line. what the hell was that? what happened? they just go back to interviewing that guy like it wasn't mentioned? whaaaat?

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

also i'll go to my grave confused about how Three Identical Strangers breezes past that one of the triplets was a murder suspect with like one throw away line. what the hell was that? what happened? they just go back to interviewing that guy like it wasn't mentioned? whaaaat?

Who among us hasn't been a murder suspect at one point or another?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's weird: Bohemian Rhapsody ticks all the boxes of the biopic bait that appeals to the Academy, yet it basically failed critically. That's always a recipe for no nomination, and Malek would have been out of the running for a nomination if this movie wasn't so fucking massive at the box office. You can still make the argument he's ahead of Gosling considering BR made more in its OW than First Man will in its entire run.

I think Washington or Eastwood probably gets in over Gosling or Male