Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Ranking the documentaries I've seen so far this year:

1. WYBMN - 10/10

2. Three Identical Stranger - 8/10

3. Free Solo - 8/10

I don't think I had ever seen a documentary film before in theaters but just this year alone, I've managed to see three of them.

• Like 1

ughhh,.... generally guessing, you have to get through all of this^ to complete like 0.35 of a general physics bachelors degree.  but don't think you need to be inside out on relativity/quantum but just go through everything that is there for general bachelors. … 

the wording and continuation with the puzzles just destroys attention, and the puzzle's completion seems as stiff as trying to make yourself fly

Obamacare_Enrollment_Banner.jpg

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

My grandfather passed away today. I don't know much about the details right now but based on what my mom told me over the phone it was peaceful. He had been having health problems for a while but this was very unexpected. My family just saw him last weekend when he was doing fine while I was off at college. It's just devastating to me that I didn't get that last chance to see him

• Sad 13

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

My grandfather passed away today. I don't know much about the details right now but based on what my mom told me over the phone it was peaceful. He had been having health problems for a while but this was very unexpected. My family just saw him last weekend when he was doing fine while I was off at college. It's just devastating to me that I didn't get that last chance to see him

Sorry to hear :( 

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

very sorry to hear that.  prayers and condolences to you and yours

So remember in March when Starbucks told me there were too many people so they couldn't hire me?

Well thanks, Hurricane Michael. At least I can save up some money to leave, and who knows, maybe I'll be IT Supervisor or whatever for the South region in a while. The manager was like "Oh, you! I don't even have to interview you I'll just push everything through again and you can train next week."

Yay health insurance!

& a 30% discount so I can buy mugs cheap >:D 

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

Very sorry to hear this, Alpha. My thoughts are with you and your family. 

Bohemian Rhapsody might be the most-Walk Hard movie ever made. I had to keep myself from laughing after the opening credits. HOWEVER, I enjoyed the film quite a bit. It's wildly inaccurate but is a fun celebration of Freddie Mercury and Queen, so this kind of worked for me?

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Bohemian Rhapsody might be the most-Walk Hard movie ever made. I had to keep myself from laughing after the opening credits. HOWEVER, I enjoyed the film quite a bit. It's wildly inaccurate but is a fun celebration of Freddie Mercury and Queen, so this kind of worked for me?

It's a film rescued from total mediocrity on the strength of its lead performance imo. Legit believe Malek could've been a contender for the win with a much stronger movie surrounding him.

@Blankments Got a big wiping of the trailer stalkers (BYE DRAGON TATTOO):

8:

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: A New Dragon Tattoo Story (Ocean’s 8, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Searching, A Simple Favor, A Star Is Born, First Man, Bad Times at the El Royale, Bohemian Rhapsody)

7:

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Venom)

Widows (Ocean’s 8, Crazy Rich Asians, Searching, A Simple Favor, First Man, Bad Times at the El Royale, Bohemian Rhapsody)

6:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha, The Predator, Bohemian Rhapsody)

Overlord (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg, The Nun, Searching, The Predator, Bad Times at the El Royale)

5:

Aquaman (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg, The Predator, First Man, Halloween)

Robin Hood (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Spy Who Dumped Me, A Simple Favor, First Man, Halloween)

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Smallfoot)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2, Alpha, Venom)

4:

Bohemian Rhapsody (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, A Star Is Born, Bad Times at the El Royale, Halloween)

Creed II (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Skyscraper, Sorry to Bother You, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

The Mule (A Star Is Born, Colette, Bad Times at the El Royale, Bohemian Rhapsody)

Nobody’s Fool (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me, BlacKkKlansman)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Skyscraper, The Nun)

Vice (A Star Is Born, First Man, Bad Times at the El Royale, Bohemian Rhapsody)

3:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War, A Star Is Born)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Smallfoot)

Mary Poppins Returns (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin, The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter, Skyscraper, Searching)

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Incredibles 2, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Smallfoot)

Wonder Park (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin, Smallfoot)

2:

Boy Erased (A Star Is Born, Bad Times at the El Royale)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

The Favourite (A Star Is Born, Colette)

Green Book (First Man, Bohemian Rhapsody)

Instant Family (A Simple Favor, First Man)

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Smallfoot)

Mary Queen of Scots (Colette, First Man)

Rocketman (A Star Is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody)

Serenity (Tag, The Predator)

Shazam! (The Meg, Smallfoot)

1:

Beautiful Boy (Colette)

Captain Marvel (Venom)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dark Phoenix (Venom)

Destroyer (Halloween)

Dumbo (Christopher Robin)

Escape Room (Halloween)

Glass (Halloween)

Happy Death Day 2U (Halloween)

Hunter Killer (A Simple Favor)

Johnny English Strikes Again (The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

Mid90s (BlacKkKlansman)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

On the Basis of Sex (Crazy Rich Asians)

Pet Sematary (Halloween)

A Private War (Colette)

Second Act (Bohemian Rhapsody)

Welcome to Marwen (First Man)

What Men Want (Crazy Rich Asians)

What They Had (Colette)

Just now, filmlover said:

It's a film rescued from total mediocrity on the strength of its lead performance imo. Legit believe Malek could've been a contender for the win with a much stronger movie surrounding him.

It's weird: Bohemian Rhapsody ticks all the boxes of the biopic bait that appeals to the Academy, yet it basically failed critically. That's always a recipe for no nomination, and Malek would have been out of the running for a nomination if this movie wasn't so fucking massive at the box office. You can still make the argument he's ahead of Gosling considering BR made more in its OW than First Man will in its entire run.