Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yeah but 33% ODDS OF WINNING THE POSTSEASON

I can't handle this frontrunner pressure

You know they say all teams are created equal, but you look at the Nationals and you look at the Cardinals and you can see that statement is not true! See normally if you go 1 on 1 with another team you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Nats are a genetic freak, and they are not normal! So you got a 25% at best at beat them! And then you add Yankees or Astros to the mix - you the chances of winning drastic go down. See the fight for the World Series you got a 33 and a 3rd chance of winning. But we? We got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning 'cause the AL knooows they can't beat us, and they're not even gonna try! So Cardinals, you take your 33 and a third chance, minus our twenty five percent chance, and you've got an eight and a third chance of winning at Game 4. But then you take our 75 chance of winning (if we was to go 1 on 1) and then add 66 s percents - we got a 141 and two thirds chance of winning the World Series! Senior Cardinal; the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you, at Game 4!

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The Love Bug

Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo

Herbie Rides Again

#NotMyHerbie/#HerbieRottenBanana/#BringBackStevenson

Reveal hidden contents

Guess you didn't see Fully Loaded. Pity, I wanted to know how it ranks compared to the previous ones. (Also as an aside, Disney really needs to put Lindsay Lohan in their remakes again. I'm sure Disney has another Million Dollar Duck in the pipeline)

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You know they say all teams are created equal, but you look at the Nationals and you look at the Cardinals and you can see that statement is not true! See normally if you go 1 on 1 with another team you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Nats are a genetic freak, and they are not normal! So you got a 25% at best at beat them! And then you add Yankees or Astros to the mix - you the chances of winning drastic go down. See the fight for the World Series you got a 33 and a 3rd chance of winning. But we? We got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning 'cause the AL knooows they can't beat us, and they're not even gonna try! So Cardinals, you take your 33 and a third chance, minus our twenty five percent chance, and you've got an eight and a third chance of winning at Game 4. But then you take our 75 chance of winning (if we was to go 1 on 1) and then add 66 s percents - we got a 141 and two thirds chance of winning the World Series! Senior Cardinal; the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you, at Game 4!

Psssst.  MrPink is an Astros fan. :lol: 

===

Buck up, @MrPink.  According to the latest 538 odds, the 'stros are down to 29% chance of winning:

CHANCE OF MAKING …  
TEAM
DIVISION
TEAM RATING
1-WEEK CHANGE
DIV. SERIES
LEAGUE CHAMP.
WORLD SERIES
WIN WORLD SERIES
Nationals
Nationals3-2, 3-0
NL East 1577
+11
96% 38%
Yankees
Yankees3-0, 1-1
AL East 1591
+6
52% 31%
Astros
Astros3-2, 1-1
AL West 1587
48% 29%
Cardinals
Cardinals3-2, 0-3
NL Central 1542
4% 1%

You get to embrace the underdog status you are clearly yearning for!!!!

Spoiler

This didn't help, did it?  Sorry, but I've got 4 WS wins this decade between the Giants and Astros so I'm in clear House Money territory right now, so I'm not really the person to turn to here. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Wow, didn't know the screenwriter of Jackie was such a piece of shit.

Hopefully, in a short period of time, the Gafam will be ordered by The New Puritains (when they will replace Trump) to record all conversations  of all people 24/7  ( I am talking about the microphones of your devices not your social media activity or text messages, this is already being recorded as we speak) so we can see who are the sinners and thought criminals.

The Purge can't come soon enough.

Glorious times await.

There is still so much more progress we can achieve.

Edited by The Futurist

Statistically there's an imbalance with the model right now, especially because the Nats are 3-0. They're the most favored to win by virtue of having a 90%+ chance of just being in the WS. The model will take a significant turn after today. Still though, Yankees now favored to win the series 😅

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I read some Bloom County strip talking about how Disney was in distress in the 1980s and they offered one of the main characters a job there because "Herbie goes to Guatemala" bombed.

@Eric Addams @Porthos

Touchstone Pictures was created for more than one reason, yes.

13 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Then check 538's odds. :ph34r: 

edit: ....PORTHOS! :angry: 

Dude, that's like a half an hour later cross-post.  Can't get upset at that!   Not my fault you didn't check the next page. :lol: 

I got a few dollars and I wanna go watch IT: Chapter Two right now, but they are all like, "no, go see Abominable"

so i'm like fine, I will go see Joker and see if it is a favorite, and they are like "no, go see Abominable!"

what's up with that?  should I go see Abominable by myself and smoke pot outside before the movie?

such a colorful variety this fall.  there hasn't been that much color in the fall sticking out since...

Edited by belligerent talking robot

39 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Hopefully, in a short period of time, the Gafam will be ordered by The New Puritains (when they will replace Trump) to record all conversations  of all people 24/7  ( I am talking about the microphones of your devices not your social media activity or text messages, this is already being recorded as we speak) so we can see who are the sinners and thought criminals.

The Purge can't come soon enough.

Glorious times await.

There is still so much more progress we can achieve.

23 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

finally watching succession season 2. has it been remarked upon yet that with Danny Huston in the show now there's several scenes of both William Strykers talking to each other?

So now they need to bring in this guy in Season 3

latest?cb=20170313150349

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2