Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The reviews are coming in for all of these Apple TV+ shows beginning when the streaming service launches on Friday (The Morning Show, See, Dickinson, For All Mankind) and none of them seem to be getting especially positive reviews (The Morning Show and See are getting pans for the most part). Doesn't seem like a good motivation to sign up for them.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's probably not a great sign for Apple TV+'s long term chances that their much hyped launching series (The Morning Show) is a dud. Can't say I'm surprised though. Great cast but it looks so dull.

How do you figure? Not up yet on Metacritic and two positive on RT, still very early.

I can see a few reviews, seems alright so far.

The star power will make people curious at least.

Edited by MrGlass2

Speaking of new streaming platforms

Obviously we don't have a whole lot of details yet (there's a conference tomorrow for investors that should give us new details about the service), but Disney+ is looking to get 60-90 million subscribers by 2024, so that sounds like a good target. Let's see what the service has in store.

1 minute ago, Eric Connor said:

Speaking of new streaming platforms

Obviously we don't have a whole lot of details yet (there's a conference tomorrow for investors that should give us new details about the service), but Disney+ is looking to get 60-90 million subscribers by 2024, so that sounds like a good target. Let's see what the service has in store.

They've been announcing so many projects left and right with good talent involved but we'll have to see which ones land, if any. That goes for pretty much all of the services (except Disney+ which will obviously survive because it's, well, Disney).

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They've been announcing so many projects left and right with good talent involved but we'll have to see which ones land, if any. That goes for pretty much all of the services (except Disney+ which will obviously survive because it's, well, Disney).

I know that one of the HBO Max shows has Hiro Murai as a director, though I forget which one, and I'm hopeful that's good. I wasn't crazy for Guava Island, but he directed some of the best episodes of Atlanta (I'm sure he also directed some of the best for Barry, but I haven't seen it yet), and it'd be dope if he gets more work.

14 minutes ago, Eric Connor said:

I know that one of the HBO Max shows has Hiro Murai as a director, though I forget which one, and I'm hopeful that's good. I wasn't crazy for Guava Island, but he directed some of the best episodes of Atlanta (I'm sure he also directed some of the best for Barry, but I haven't seen it yet), and it'd be dope if he gets more work.

The new Michael Mann project will be on HBO Max! But... it's also the new Ansolo project...