Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, SLAM! said:

You should tell them politely that they aren't welcome on your property.

That never works.  Almost every week it's the same group no matter what I nicely say.  They just send different people acting like they don't know I already said no

5 minutes ago, 75Live said:

That never works.  Almost every week it's the same group no matter what I nicely say.  They just send different people acting like they don't know I already said no

This is America. Can’t you just shoot them? 

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

This is America. Can’t you just shoot them? 

I'm in the wrong state for that option 😛

So it's just something I have to ignore and just let them ruin parts of my weekends

20 minutes ago, 75Live said:

That's not good... Maybe you should get a security system.

Watched About Time last night and honestly... wasn't a huge fan. It's not bad of course. Actors all do a great job, and the movie is sweet with a really good message. The story just felt meandering, and no sense of urgency (which you might say you don't need "urgency" in a movie like this) but it felt like nothing was propelling it forward. And didn't make full use of its premise either. 

35 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Nice! How are you liking Alain Vigneault behind the bench? 

Guy was the best coach in Canucks history.

So far, so good.  Not the best start to the season but I can't really blame Vigneault for anything. He's been keeping the other teams guessing 

• Like 1

The beginning of anything is the process of a pushing point,and a pushing point is started from a beginning motivation;the beginning motivation towards the universe IS the representation of a creator,therefore the question shouldn’t be IF there’s a creator but what TYPE of creator.

Edited by Melosh

Great Watchmen episode! Fine with the mystery stuff since the character work is still stellar, and ultimately that's more important right now. Moore's original run was structured like this too, and I'm really digging the ways Lindelof adapted the main components of the source material for a new format; the use of match cuts, the non-diegetic audio overlapping with the visuals from a different moment like how dialogue from one scene transposed onto an image from another scene still worked thematically/literally in the original.

47 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yea I think I'm out on Watchmen. Too much Westworld/Lost mystery box shit for me, right down to the music. Feels old hat.

42 minutes ago, TMP said:

Great Watchmen episode! Fine with the mystery stuff since the character work is still stellar, and ultimately that's more important right now. Moore's original run was structured like this too, and I'm really digging the ways Lindelof adapted the main components of the source material for a new format; the use of match cuts, the non-diegetic audio overlapping with the visuals from a different moment like how dialogue from one scene transposed onto an image from another scene still worked thematically/literally in the original.

The Ying and the Yang*

*I can’t decide until I watch tomorrow’s 

22 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I posted that after the Jeremy Irons stuff, which I really hate and feels super Westworld. The main storyline in Tulsa is okay enough to keep me watching for a couple weeks. Still waiting to connect to any characters.

I kinda look at the Jeremy Irons stuff as similar to the whole Tales of the Black Freighter stuff in the Watchmen comic. But it'll probably intersect at some point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrPink said:

I kinda look at the Jeremy Irons stuff as similar to the whole Tales of the Black Freighter stuff in the Watchmen comic. But it'll probably intersect at some point.

I don't think I've ever really read that section of the comic mostly just skimmed over it.