Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

55 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Mine is Monday. My "diet" starts tomorrow, it's gonna be SUPER fun on Sunday. :sarah:

I don't envy your Sunday. Hope it goes as well as well as it can for you.

I also don't envy you because that will be my Thursday night in a few weeks going into Friday for the procedure

Just the idea of them saying your feces will be like your urine color was not  something I expected to hear

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

Just now, DAR said:

Getting old am I right?*

*Okay I haven’t crossed that bridge yet

Yeah I'm sure part of it is getting old but they have to check because let's just say the wrong color is coming out every once in awhile

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

I don't envy your Sunday. Hope it goes as well as well as it can for you.

I also don't envy you because that will be my Thursday night in a few weeks going into Friday for the procedure

Just the idea of them saying your feces will be like your urine color was not  something I expected to hear

Ma gawd, Martha, I’m pooping CLEAR!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 75Live said:

Yep. I have to get a colonoscopy in a few weeks. That should be a lot of fun considering the prep work you have to do seems pretty awful 😛

13 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Mine is Monday. My "diet" starts tomorrow, it's gonna be SUPER fun on Sunday. :sarah:

I had to do one this summer b/c of family history and a digestive issue I was having.  Great results, but damn that prep...

I practically wanted to vomit the whole day.  I ended up putting the liquids on ice, and pounding them by holding my nose...and I could have stopped after one bottle b/c the 2nd one did nothing except give me symptoms for another 24 hours after the damn test...

PS - I did a virtual colonscopy, since I have had issues with all types of anesthesia...same prep, but it's so quick (15 minutes total) and easy to do (as long as you can handle some gas in your system, since they pretty much inflate it to take pictures)...the advantages are that if everything's good, you're still good...if everything's horrible, docs can spend some time thinking and prepping before giving you a regular colonoscopy or surgery (so they don't f up when they see something wildly bad and unexpected)...and if you're in the middle, then yeah, it's sucky:).  But, it also helps if you can't handle anesthesia well...

PPS - I ended up with a dairy allergy and lactose intolerance...so the test didn't end up being needed, but it was nice piece of mind...and 5 years off now, b/c of the family history (or I'd have gotten 10)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Is anyone else listening to Jesus is King by Kanye West? I don't listen to Kanye West very much, but I think the album is pretty good. It's on Spotify. Says every song has less than 1,000 listens but I don't believe that. No way that isn't a glitch.

37 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

Is anyone else listening to Jesus is King by Kanye West? I don't listen to Kanye West very much, but I think the album is pretty good. It's on Spotify. Says every song has less than 1,000 listens but I don't believe that. No way that isn't a glitch.

Couldn’t it be hat Spotify’s play count is frozen due to high traffic like Youtube’s view counts tend to get whenever a trailer for a huge movie comes out? Kanye’s album just dropped today.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

gotta be his worst album. this is the most half-assed project i've heard from kanye.

Ye is still his worst. That thing was a clunker, Ghost Town was like the only decent track (though, to be fair, it was a pretty great track).

Just now, TMP said:

Ye is still his worst. That thing was a clunker, Ghost Town was like the only decent track (though, to be fair, it was a pretty great track).

nah i like probably half the songs from Ye. violent crimes and no mistakes were strong tracks too. this though i listened to it twice and probably never again. i can't imagine there's a song on here i'll have any interest in coming back to. like it's fine nothing terrible but that's the worst thing about it how meh it all is. and ghost town was SOTY last year if the rest of the album was dogshit that still puts it over this.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

nah i like probably half the songs from Ye. violent crimes and no mistakes were strong tracks too. this though i listened to it twice and probably never again. i can't imagine there's a song on here i'll have any interest in coming back to. like it's fine nothing terrible but that's the worst thing about it how meh it all is. and ghost town was SOTY last year if the rest of the album was dogshit that still puts it over this.

I like his Sunday Service stuff, but I do agree this isn't his best work; his post-TLOP stuff's disappointed me so far in general. His new stuff doesn't have the kind of structure or consistency anymore, feels a lot more haphazard. 

As a Christian, I remain unconvinced that he's really turned over a new leaf. He's saying many of the right things, but there's something about it that seems superficial. If he really is trying to please God, I think he might be trying a little too hard. But the third-to-last song was interesting because it was the only one to blend the elements of faith with the African American experience in a lyrical way, unless I missed something.