Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

The HBO Max DC shows are Berlanti productions, lmfaooo. I guess we got two more terrible DC shows to add to their ever-growing lineup

I was hoping it would be JJ :( - but the anthology series does sound cool and I’ll have HBO anyways so I’ll give anything a chance. 

Just now, cax16 said:

I was hoping it would be JJ :( - but the anthology series does sound cool and I’ll have HBO anyways so I’ll give anything a chance. 

Going from Lindelof's Watchmen to Berlanti's Green Lantern - wtf

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Going from Lindelof's Watchmen to Berlanti's Green Lantern - wtf

Watchmen is pretty amazing but I try not to prejudge to much as I’m sure the budget and scope of this green lantern show is probably gonna be 3x the other shows he’s does if not more. 

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

As a big Looney Tunes fan, the new Looney Tunes stuff sounds great to me. Why couldn't they make Tooned Out a movie instead of Space Jam 2 though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shorts are multiplatform so they won't be exclusive to HBO Max.

Jellystone sounds very interesting, must be the first Yogi and friends show in years.

Just now, TMP said:

Aquaman just made a billion and they respond by giving the CW guy Green Lantern, lmfao

I mean to be fair they have to give people something to get them to try and sign up but I do get what you’re saying. I’m not sure if this is the Geoff Johns GL he was writing or what. 

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Here I was thinking that WB would try to compete with those Marvel D+ shows, but once Watchmen wraps I guess they're going back to this

You’re being ridiculous lol, it’s not as if HBO hasn’t been putting out amazing content for years and years. 

Also, Berlanti produces doom patrol.

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It does make sense for Berlanti to make some of these DC shows for HBO Max given they've been very successful for WB. Strange Adventures sounds like a great idea for a series. 

I find it odd that they mentioned Warner Bros Animation and Hanna Barbera but not Tom and Jerry. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cax16 said:

You’re being ridiculous lol, it’s not as if HBO hasn’t been putting out amazing content for years and years. 

Also, Berlanti produces doom patrol.

HBO Max is run by a different team than HBO, they said so in the presentation