Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

Cool. That's why we're trying to stop it.

Citizen Kane's one of the most famous movies of all time. Even people who haven't seen it know what Rosebud's all about, have seen it parodied in cartoons and junk. Be quiet boomer.

I don't think you CAN really stop it given how high poltical feelings are running.

Best thing you can do is try to quarantine it with it's own thread.

13 hours ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

Cool. That's why we're trying to stop it.

Citizen Kane's one of the most famous movies of all time. Even people who haven't seen it know what Rosebud's all about, have seen it parodied in cartoons and junk. Be quiet boomer.

Most people haven't even heard of Citizen Kane. Its a boomers movie lol. I doubt even 1% of moviegoers understand what Rosebud is all about 

Edited by Ninenin

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

I just saw the new improved Fanboy Wars thread has been locked because it degenerated into two bunches of people yelling at each other over politics.

Same thing they locked the orginal fanboys war thread over.

It is to make one laugh, really.

Problem is that now without any place to contain it , it will slop over into other threads.

Yeah in our discord server we just have one chat were its a free for all so most users stay away from it.

THe main chat is heavily moderated but people can just yell it out in there  and keeps the main chat pretty chill and fine. 

19 hours ago, dudalb said:

I just saw the new improved Fanboy Wars thread has been locked because it degenerated into two bunches of people yelling at each other over politics.

Same thing they locked the orginal fanboys war thread over.

It is to make one laugh, really.

Problem is that now without any place to contain it , it will slop over into other threads.

The consequences of not having tolerance for different voices. Not just talking about the mods, they do the best they can here, but each other as well. With zero tolerance, you're just going to have bickering matches all day, every day, trying to prove that you are right and the other is wrong.

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

The consequences of not having tolerance for different voices. Not just talking about the mods, they do the best they can here, but each other as well. With zero tolerance, you're just going to have bickering matches all day, every day, trying to prove that you are right and the other is wrong.

You are going to have that anyway, seems to be in the genes of internet fandom.

If the mods totally eliminate all differences of opinion, this website will die because it will become incredibly boring. 

And I find most fansites boring because the mods carefully eliminate any difference of opinion.

So, as a Lit assignment for my spouse's detective fiction/true crime high school class, I had him assign Murder by Death...and I got to watch it again this week (now having read more of the works the detectives were riffed from, plus having read and heard Truman Capote in real life, since the kids got a Truman Capote interview assignment, too)...

My kids' 1st comments while watching - "Mom, Clue stole some of this set up."  And I said, yes, they did...but Clue actually took the movie and improved on it by actually presenting a solvable comedy while keeping the crazy comedy:).  But, you still gotta give Murder by Death its due:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, as a Lit assignment for my spouse's detective fiction/true crime high school class, I had him assign Murder by Death...and I got to watch it again this week (now having read more of the works the detectives were riffed from, plus having read and heard Truman Capote in real life, since the kids got a Truman Capote interview assignment, too)...

My kids' 1st comments while watching - "Mom, Clue stole some of this set up."  And I said, yes, they did...but Clue actually took the movie and improved on it by actually presenting a solvable comedy while keeping the crazy comedy:).  But, you still gotta give Murder by Death its due:)...

Murder By Death is one of my favorite comedies period. I love the farcical mystery nature of it all, and the cast is great. I remember watching it when I was younger, and being floored and laughing at how much of an on spot parody, the Sam Diamond character was. 

• Like 1

I just got 4 free tickets to the Cinemark reward members free screening to My Spy next week - is this still "1st come, 1st served, no guarantee" seating, even with my "access code" confirmed?  Or is this just like regular screenings?

I admit it's my 1st Cinemark Rewards Member one...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Since it's not worth poisoning the Parasite thread with anything from this blatant racist ("Let's get Gone with the Wind back, please?") and it's not entirely politics either, let's bow to these legends here instead.

Love how the crowd cheered for Gone with the Wind but not Sunset Boulevard.