Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

21 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Certain events that have occurred after this post was made are causing me to re-evaluate this statement. :ph34r:

Hide contents

I still expect the deal to go through in some fashion, but sakes alive have the last three days been entertaining from my perspective. :lol: 

Good on the Twins for not bowing to Boston just so they could get Maeda

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went to the theaters to see all the Oscar animated shorts. Both the ones that got nominated and were on the shortlist. Was pretty cool. A couple of them were kinda lame, but most of them hit bullseyes. Only real bad one of the bunch was Henrietta Bulkowski, which was animated by Starburns (Anomalisa, that one Community Xmas episode). Talk about lame.

How is it, exactly, with every passing idea of his, that Rob Manfred is making me miss Bug Selig?  And I ain't even joking or being ironic here.

(I don't even care about expanding the playoffs; I can take that or leave it.  But letting teams choose a playoff opponent?  GTFOOH with that nonsense)

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

How is it, exactly, with every passing idea of his, that Rob Manfred is making me miss Bug Selig?  And I ain't even joking or being ironic here.

(I don't even care about expanding the playoffs; I can take that or leave it.  But letting teams choose a playoff opponent?  GTFOOH with that nonsense)

Is this something the Giants even need to worry about, though?

7 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Is this something the Giants even need to worry about, though?

In 2022?  Yeah, I'd say so.  Actually think they'll be on the upswing starting next year as there's a really nice core making its way up through the minors, including the insane hype that is already starting to develop around Luciano.

Spoiler

Yes, I ignored the obvious trolling angle there, Tele. :) 

32 minutes ago, Porthos said:

In 2022?  Yeah, I'd say so.  Actually think they'll be on the upswing starting next year as there's a really nice core making its way up through the minors, including the insane hype that is already starting to develop around Luciano.

Hide contents

Yes, I ignored the obvious trolling angle there, Tele. :) 

River Cats fan, Porthos?

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

I’ve lost my touch. 😞

• Haha 1