Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's not you. The post pages have gotten smaller all of the sudden, and the side bars are bigger. I'm assuming it's a slight glitch 

It's fine for me on the front page but once I go into any of the sub-forums the whole thing crams itself. It's annoying.

Is it just me or is pretty much every World Cup group rather easy? Ours (Portugal), Group B, actually looks like one of the toughest ones. It is, on paper, a clear pass for us and Spain, but Iran and Morocco are among the higher ranked teams in their seeds, so who knows.

Group A is a joke. Probably manipulated by FIFA so that Russia even had a smidge of a chance at passing through. Uruguay squashes, and then #2 is between Egypt and Russia, but neither team is better than meh. Also, Russia vs. Saudi Arabia is the opening match of the World Cup. Riveting. Somebody better look out for ISIS before the match starts.

Group C is a no-brainer for France, and then it's who gets a lucky shot after. Probably Peru, I'd say.

Group D is probably the Group of Death, as Argentina is the winner and then the other three can make it complicated between each other. I'm stanning for Iceland and hoping they get the #2 spot, but don't count out Croatia or Nigeria at any point.

Group E is a Brazil cakewalk. Costa Rica probably #2. Although the Swiss are a tough defense wall to crack, but that's really it about them.

Group F is a Germany sausage fest, and then Mexico handily #2.

Group G is an absolute embarassment for Belgium and England if they don't pass.

And Group H is the more unpredictable of them all, although Colombia is the clear favorite. I'd give Senegal the #2 spot, actually.

Also, for some reason, I hadn't noticed until now, but I literally just had the epiphany that Italy and Chile are NOT in the World Cup...... oh my fucking God, the Euro semi-finalists and Copa America winners are out of the tournament altogether :rofl:

• Like 2