Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

After a studio won the Best Villain award last year, can we just hand COVID-19 the BOFFY for 2020 right now and skip the nomination process on that one?

Do you happen to know where those get stored? I am curious which studio (I am guessing ....)

I found the original Battlestar Galactica available for streaming on FOXTEL. 

I’m up to The Lost Planet of the Gods. 

“When a large number of Colonial Warriors come down with a serious infection...”

Stupid Boomer bypassing decontamination to go to a party. Now everyone at the party has it. 

You can’t escape. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like they dropped the melodrama and upped the action. This actually looks like a lot of fun. @RealLyre I know you liked the first movie, what do you think?

the action looks great, (were using RC lighting cars? :thinking:).  though it loses a lot of the novelty of  by changing the setting but I hope it still has some strong character moments like the original, and doesn't become more generic.  I'll def be watching it whenever it gets released. 

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wonder how kids in school feel about likely having to graduate a year later than expected. 

You know schools are going virtual during this period, right?

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wonder how kids in school feel about likely having to graduate a year later than expected. 

An entire grade isn't going to be forced to graduate a year late because of this. That's just gonna cause an problem 4 years later when there won't be any college grads looking for work. I'm doing the UK syllabus (which is completely standardised) and even we don't have to graduate a year later. I doubt kids will be forced to graduate a year later in places like the US where the final exams aren't standardised.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

An entire grade isn't going to be forced to graduate a year late because of this. That's just gonna cause an problem 4 years later when there won't be any college grads looking for work. I'm doing the UK syllabus (which is completely standardised) and even we don't have to graduate a year later. I doubt kids will be forced to graduate a year later in places like the US where the final exams aren't standardised.

Well, that’s good to know. I finished high school a long time ago, so I’m a little out of touch with how the education system currently works. 

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Looks good (even without a trailer yet though I'm guessing that'll land tomorrow).

Also the reviews are coming in for Mrs. America and they are raves with Blanchett and Byrne getting most of the praise as expected (although the supporting cast is getting a ton love too - I can see this taking up most of the nominees in Limited/Movie Supporting Actress).