Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

23 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Other problem was that the TV in the apartment is this weird high frame rate tv and I hate HFR... plus I had my laptop hooked up through an HDMI so it makes the HFR jumpy and weird. Sorta ruined the nightclub scene. 

It’s just a setting. It’s called Motion Smoothing or TrueMotion or something along those lines, usually in the Advanced section of Picture settings.

For the good of humanity, just turn it off. And turn Sharpening all the way down while you’re at it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

It’s just a setting. It’s called Motion Smoothing or TrueMotion or something along those lines, usually in the Advanced section of Picture settings.

For the good of humanity, just turn it off. And turn Sharpening all the way down while you’re at it.

Saving this so I can fix it in the morning. It's been pissing me off for days :lol: 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 TVI gonna premiere Marco Horácio's new comedy show against... RAP? Straight into death. 

Actually it's gonna premiere at 11PM, after Mental Samurai, so at least it's not gonna be a painful death. In all likelihood, SIC's gonna put a repeat of Comedy On The Edge against it, so it could even win.

Btw, who would've thunk it... Quer o Destino is actually kind of a hit.

I think giant movie leaving little cultural impact is more the norm now than the exception.

Rogue One and Finding Dory, Invincible 2 for example, imagine the place Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom will have in 2025 if you think Catching fire presence in 2020 is strangely low.

It is maybe even rare outside for the first entry of a franchise to have massive cultural relevance (Empire strike back - Godfather 2 are giant but not the norm), so much that talking about the franchise as a whole could become the only way to talk about it.

For that I would nominate the Dan Brown cinematic universe, the book side is an all time phenomenon and still is quite relevant but the cinematic universe that started with an over 750M first entry is probably close to nil in relevance.

In the current top 50 unadjusted, I will not be surprised (if they are not irrelevant now) that in less than 20 year's:

Incredibles 2

Rogue One

Lion King remake

Dory

Frozen 2

Toy Story 4

Jurassic World Fallen kingdom

Secret life of pets

Will be quite low.

Everything MCU related will have the chance to be automatically kept alive by MCU marathon.

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

Other problem was that the TV in the apartment is this weird high frame rate tv and I hate HFR... plus I had my laptop hooked up through an HDMI so it makes the HFR jumpy and weird. Sorta ruined the nightclub scene. 

IF you use HDMI with feature like 4K and HFR (or play video games on a tv), it could interesting to look what version of HDMI your cable use depending if your TV and video card can support hdmi 2 for example .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Main_specifications

For 60 hz in 4K, you need at least 1.3/1.4B if not 2.0, for 120 hz, 2.0+

Edited by Barnack

The Lion King 2019 definitely feels like it's destined to become the poster child for "forgotten billion dollar blockbusters." It was a movie made to serve one purpose (make a bajillion dollars) and accomplished it, leaving zero pop culture impact in the process.

33 minutes ago, Barnack said:

For that I would nominate the Dan Brown cinematic universe, the book side is an all time phenomenon and still is quite relevant but the cinematic universe that started with an over 750M first entry is probably close to nil in relevance.

To be fair, The Da Vinci Code the movie was fueled just as much by controversy from the book's themes when it came out as it was by its popularity, while the other books were just popular bestsellers. Same thing ended up being the downfall for the Chronicles of Narnia movie franchise that began a few months prior where there was really only one book in the series that was an actual pop culture item and the film sequels didn't give most audiences an incentive to return.

Edited by filmlover

So I've decided to watch... Dolittle. Not sure why I'm spending on this, but I'm about halfway through and it's... mediocre?  I mean, it isn't a 15% Rotten Tomatoes level bad, but it isn't particularly 'good' either. 

• Like 1

Just watched Paper Moon, The plot goes exactly where you expect it to but it's still a wonderful film (contains one of the best child performances I've ever seen tbh) and I thought it evoked the 30s style really well. Found out both the main actors are father and daughter, no wonder their chemistry was so good in this. 

Also Ryan O'Neal looks a lot like Ryan Reynolds multiple times in this movie. Just watched the trailer for another Bogdanovich film, What's Up Doc, and seriously, they really look alike:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

The Lion King 2019 definitely feels like it's destined to become the poster child for "forgotten billion dollar blockbusters." It was a movie made to serve one purpose (make a bajillion dollars) and accomplished it, leaving zero pop culture impact in the process.

To be fair, The Da Vinci Code the movie was fueled just as much by controversy from the book's themes when it came out as it was by its popularity, while the other books were just popular bestsellers. Same thing ended up being the downfall for the Chronicles of Narnia movie franchise that began a few months prior where there was really only one book in the series that was an actual pop culture item and the film sequels didn't give most audiences an incentive to return.

IMHO people will be watching the original 1994 "Lion King" long after the 2019 remake is pretty much forgotten.

The huge pop culture impact was made by the original;no way the remake was going to repeat that.

Edited by dudalb