Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

I’m just staring at my Blu Ray collection trying to decide what to watch. 

Strangly I watched less than normal the last 3 weeks.

Read news way more than typical instead.

But bought tons of the low=price special offers or however to call that - digital form of movies, so I can watch them on the ipad (no one here likes the same movies, son and me have an overlap with action movies, hubby does not watch action, sci=fi, fantasy, most of the genre movies), when I feel like watching again

18 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 So apparently TVI is already stretching Na Corda Bamba with stockshots of cities and flashbacks that reuse old footage. They probably won't have enough episodes to last until the end of May. The same goes for the new soap Quer o Destino. My only question is: why the fuck are they still airing them 6 times a week? Are they insane? They should have went with a mix of repeats and new episodes of Mental Samurai for Fridays and Saturdays, plus repeats of Ver Pra Crer and Kitchen Nightmares at 11 PM as soon as filming stopped.

Also, how is SIC dealing with this? I haven't read anything about Nazaré or Terra Brava?

I believe they're airing Quer o Destino on Saturdays to boost the ratings of the show through the high amount of public watching on Saturday night + the lack of soap competition. The Saturday episodes have had the best results for the show thus far (over 12% last week, 13% this week). Last week it even won against the Árvore dos Desejos best-of; didn't beat the final episode of the show this week, but only by 0.1%. But yeah, I also think they shouldn't be stretching this too far. TVI has a new comedy show called Anti-Stress in the docket - it's kinda like Gosto Disto and Olhó Vídeo - and I think it's gonna be used at Saturday in place of Quer o Destino. I wouldn't take the soap out of Friday, though... Mental Samurai is a flop on Fridays anyway. Although, if they run out of episodes, I think they will use Mental Samurai repeats every day.

As for Na Corda Bamba, the filmings for that show have been complete. They're just stretching it because they're trying to delay the premiere of new soap Amar Demais - which has nowhere near enough episodes to premiere right now; thus, they're trying to wait for shoots to return - as much as they can. Still, you gotta feel for Dalila Carmo. That's the third soap she's been in that has been stretched with flashbacks and stock footage (after A Impostora and Valor da Vida) :rofl: If May turns out and there's still not enough Amar Demais episodes, I'm guessing they'll premiere a soap repeat. Probably O Beijo do Escorpião (another Dalila Carmo soap).

With SIC, apparently Nazaré comes to an end in June, while Terra Brava runs out of episodes in May. They're fucked too. However, they have backup plans at their disposal. For one, we could see The Farmer Wants A Wife take the prime time mantle. If not that, they could buy some Brazilian soaps from TV Globo. (Even though Amor de Mãe, the newest one, is so far a ratings disappointment.)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I believe they're airing Quer o Destino on Saturdays to boost the ratings of the show through the high amount of public watching on Saturday night + the lack of soap competition. The Saturday episodes have had the best results for the show thus far (over 12% last week, 13% this week). Last week it even won against the Árvore dos Desejos best-of; didn't beat the final episode of the show this week, but only by 0.1%. But yeah, I also think they shouldn't be stretching this too far. TVI has a new comedy show called Anti-Stress in the docket - it's kinda like Gosto Disto and Olhó Vídeo - and I think it's gonna be used at Saturday in place of Quer o Destino. I wouldn't take the soap out of Friday, though... Mental Samurai is a flop on Fridays anyway. Although, if they run out of episodes, I think they will use Mental Samurai repeats every day.

As for Na Corda Bamba, the filmings for that show have been complete. They're just stretching it because they're trying to delay the premiere of new soap Amar Demais - which has nowhere near enough episodes to premiere right now; thus, they're trying to wait for shoots to return - as much as they can. Still, you gotta feel for Dalila Carmo. That's the third soap she's been in that has been stretched with flashbacks and stock footage (after A Impostora and Valor da Vida) :rofl: If May turns out and there's still not enough Amar Demais episodes, I'm guessing they'll premiere a soap repeat. Probably O Beijo do Escorpião (another Dalila Carmo soap).

With SIC, apparently Nazaré comes to an end in June, while Terra Brava runs out of episodes in May. They're fucked too. However, they have backup plans at their disposal. For one, we could see The Farmer Wants A Wife take the prime time mantle. If not that, they could buy some Brazilian soaps from TV Globo. (Even though Amor de Mãe, the newest one, is so far a ratings disappointment.)

So Terra Brava is equaly fucked unless they use stock footage and flashbacks. I would say they are probably gonna do the same with Nazaré. The country needs Carolina Loureiro every day of the week during this crysis.

@Cap

Cant get it out of my mail thing into here, but Forbes has a Scott Mendelson article/blog entry/whatever about why CA2 is more important to... than A1

Thought you might enjoy (I have not read it yet), see your favorite movies

40 minutes ago, CJohn said:

So Terra Brava is equaly fucked unless they use stock footage and flashbacks. I would say they are probably gonna do the same with Nazaré. The country needs Carolina Loureiro every day of the week during this crysis.

Don't think SIC will do that. I think they're above the flashbacks strategy. Worst case scenario, they do like 25 minutes a day episodes to REALLY stretch them out.

I watched Spenser Confidential yesterday out of boredom and I'm pretty sure it was made just by checking off the boxes of what everyone would expect from a Mark Wahlberg Netflix Movie. Lame stabs at humor? Check. Perfunctory action scenes? Check. Predictable villain reveal that can be seen coming within the first 10 minutes of the movie? Check. Silly Bahston accents? Check. A random shirtless scene for Wahlberg in which the only purpose is to show off that he still has the body at almost at 50? Check.

Is anyone else interested in the two British television shows premiering on PBS tonight? World on Fire and The Windermere Children, both dramas about WWII? I'm seriously considering tuning in, both for Boffy preparations and because I'm interested.

36 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I watched Spenser Confidential yesterday out of boredom and I'm pretty sure it was made just by checking off the boxes of what everyone would expect from a Mark Wahlberg Netflix Movie. Lame stabs at humor? Check. Perfunctory action scenes? Check. Predictable villain reveal that can be seen coming within the first 10 minutes of the movie? Check. Silly Bahston accents? Check. A random shirtless scene for Wahlberg in which the only purpose is to show off that he still has the body at almost at 50? Check.

Watched the trailer and it seemed like Peter Berg was attempting to be Michael Bay again and fail horribly (Battleship was a Transformers wannabe, this looked like a Bad Boys wannabe).

Edited by lorddemaxus

39 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I mean I thought it was way better than the marketing ever let on for whatever that's worth

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Watched the trailer and it seemed like Peter Berg was attempting to be Michael Bay again and fail horribly (Battleship was a Transformers wannabe, this looked like a Bad Boys wannabe).

And when Bay attempted to be Berg (13 Hours had aspirations to be the next Lone Survivor), the movie fizzled as well. Maybe it would've been a hit had he typecasted Wahlberg (who had already worked with him on Pain & Gain/Transformers at the time) to play the Krasinski role but was unable to cause he was already committed to work with Berg again on Deepwater Horizon.