Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Don't you live in the UK? All HBO Max content will be on Sky and HBO Max won't be coming to the UK until like 2025 at the earliest so you'll probably get to watch Tokyo Vice without even getting HBO Max.

it's weird most HBO shows are aired on Sky like the day after they show in the US here except for The Plot Against America which is pretty much the only HBO show I give a shit about this year apparently won't be here until November. lame.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's weird most HBO shows are aired on Sky like the day after they show in the US here except for The Plot Against America which is pretty much the only HBO show I give a shit about this year apparently won't be here until November. lame.

Arrrrgh

1 minute ago, TMP said:

HBO Max somehow has original programming that sounds even weaker than what Disney+ offered. AT&T really be the kings of mis-management.

New Looney Tunes shorts >>>> The Mandalorian tho. That new Adventure Time cartoon also seems neat but other than that, all the other content for the summer seems like crap.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

New Looney Tunes shorts >>>> The Mandalorian tho. That new Adventure Time cartoon also seems neat but other than that, all the other content for the summer seems like crap.

They're green-lighting so much garbage lol. If this was gonna result in more shows on the level of HBO, then the name would have made sense, but so much of it sounds like CW crap.

HBO's got some good shit coming though. Lovecraft Country and the new Luca Guadagnino mini-series

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Tbf, releasing it around election day isn't such a bad idea if HBO also did it in the first place. 

• ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

They're green-lighting so much garbage lol. If this was gonna result in more shows on the level of HBO, then the name would have made sense, but so much of it sounds like CW crap.

HBO's got some good shit coming though. Lovecraft Country and the new Luca Guadagnino mini-series

AT&T is trying to force HBO to value quantity over quality now rather than the other way around. I think the Ridley Scott sounds cool too but I have no clue when that's releasing. I think it should've been a launch title and not that Anna Kendrick show.

I'm pretty sure that AT&T was hoping that Friends reunion would be a launch title and was probably going to market the crap out of that to get people to join but of course, corona happened. I wonder if they are betting on Big Bang Theory and Friends to carry the service for now.

Edited by lorddemaxus

HBO getting film directors/writers to do limited series (& regular) is probably the best thing that has ever happened to them.

the new Mark Ruffalo series from the Place beyond the pines director is so well directed. 

not to mention the Euphoria show from last year which was one of the best looking tv series i've ever seen.

Edited by RealLyre

40 minutes ago, TMP said:

HBO Max somehow has original programming that sounds even weaker than what Disney+ offered. AT&T really be the kings of mis-management.

24 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

AT&T is trying to force HBO to value quantity over quality now rather than the other way around. I think the Ridley Scott sounds cool too but I have no clue when that's releasing. I think it should've been a launch title and not that Anna Kendrick show.

I'm pretty sure that AT&T was hoping that Friends reunion would be a launch title and was probably going to market the crap out of that to get people to join but of course, corona happened. I wonder if they are betting on Big Bang Theory and Friends to carry the service for now.

Obvoiously the Roni didn't help, and I'm sure the service will be fine in the long run, but it is weird how lacking the Max Originals stuff is, at least for the first couple months. The Looney Tunes stuff looks fun, and the guy who made Regular Show has a new series debuting there, but that's not really a killer app in the same way something like The Mandalorian was. Say what you will about Berlanti, but I feel like getting the Green Lantern show up and ready for launch day would have gone a long way in getting people excited for the service.

For the record, I also feel like Disney+ needed one or two more high-profile originals in the first year even before the Roni messed everything up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Say what you will about Berlanti, but I feel like getting the Green Lantern show up and ready for launch day would have gone a long way in getting people excited for the service.

A Green Lantern show shot entirely in Vancouver parking lots. Cinémé!

I'm looking forward to the new show from the Regular Show guy though, lol.

just saw the Disney+ Marvel shows will be costing 25M/episode, does that make them the most expensive tv show per episode?  even Game of Thrones  didn't go past 16M/ep in the last season. The Mandalorian too. 

also lol @ Apple already overspending for their streaming service but I guess Apple is big enough for that.

show.png

so with 6 episodes and 25M/ep the total budget for those Disney+ MCU shows will be 150M... which is pretty much what a feature length MCU movie costs.  I know Feige said these shows will be movie quality but I didn't think he would actually give them the same costs. 

Didn't know the Quintel show was releasing so early. Honestly, right now the cartoon stuff that they are releasing over the summer is the only thing that might make me want to get HBO Max now rather than wait for the Scott and Mann shows.

HBO Max isn't releasing where I live but local streaming service gets all HBO content so I hope they get the Max stuff too because I don't want to try to get HBO Max with VPN like I did with Disney+ (which was a hassle and unecessary because local streaming service got a Disney+ licensing deal like last month).

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

HBO Max isn't releasing where I live but local streaming service gets all HBO content so I hope they get the Max stuff too because I don't want to try to get HBO Max with VPN like I did with Disney+ (which was a hassle and unecessary because local streaming service got a Disney+ licensing deal like last month).

OSN/Wavo? the Disney+ licensing deal we got was pretty meh considering it only has Disney+ originals and only a handful of the Disney library. 

it only has like 5 MCU movies (black panther expired last week) and doesn't have all of Pixar catalogue. (we have Incredibles II but not Incredibles one lol).

the only reason I still use it is because the mobile discounts are pretty cheap compared to the regular subscription (I can get it for $4/month compared  to $10/month I think). and the HBO stuff are nice although some of it expires after some time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

OSN/Wavo? the Disney+ licensing deal we got was pretty meh considering it only has Disney+ originals and only a handful of the Disney library. 

it only has like 5 MCU movies (black panther expired last week) and doesn't have all of Pixar catalogue. (we have Incredibles II but not Incredibles one lol).

the only reason I still use it is because the mobile discounts are pretty cheap compared to the regular subscription (I can get it for $4/month compared  to $10/month I think). and the HBO stuff are nice although some of it expires after some time. 

Yeah, OSN. Its not the best and its missing stuff but eh, I'm only using it for a couple more months either way. I'm moving to America later this year (if corona doesn't mess things up in the fall) so I'll probably get HBO Max or Disney+ then but I'm basically using the OSN streaming service right now just for HBO content (and right now binge-watching Lost).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Is Sony basically the only major corporation associated with Hollywood that doesn’t have their own streaming service at this point, or in the near future?  

There is Sony Crackle, a free streaming service w/ ads, but nobody uses it.

• Like 1