Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I like that COVID-19 is what's caused Quibi fail even though people have all the time in the world to get caught up on TV now. Just remembered that this time last year the final episodes of Game of Thrones were airing to tremendous backlash. TV probably wishes an event like that was on right now since the shows with the most buzz right now seem to be Emmy-friendly miniseries that would never appeal to a broader audience like that.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

It was designed for exactly ONE media market - NYC. The idea, as Katzenberg keeps mentioning, is that people can catch up on episodes during their 15-30 minute subway commute where there is no wifi since the episodes can download to phone. It was literally designed in a bubble forgetting that the vast vast majority of people commute to work via driving where they listen to podcasts as opposed to watching stuff on their phone.

The content is also way too overproduced and demanding for casual viewing on public transport.

I can watch YouTube, TikTok, and social media junk on the bus because I dont have to be glued to the screen. I can look away, be aware of my surroundings, make sure no one will grab my phone out of my hand etc. Quibi 'premium' content calls for more attention than a Youtube hot-wings interviews. 

Also in todays Quibi news:

Jeffrey Katzenberg’s Quibi Cries “Shakedown” As Bossman Named As Defendant & New Claims Added In TurnStyle Tech Dispute

https://deadline.com/2020/05/quibi-lawsuit-jeffrey-katzenberg-defendant-eko-turnstyle-1202932467/

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

It was designed for exactly ONE media market - NYC. The idea, as Katzenberg keeps mentioning, is that people can catch up on episodes during their 15-30 minute subway commute where there is no wifi since the episodes can download to phone. It was literally designed in a bubble forgetting that the vast vast majority of people commute to work via driving where they listen to podcasts as opposed to watching stuff on their phone.

Apparently Katzenberg hasn't been on the subway for years there's been wifi since 2017:rofl: 

@CJohn Mere days later, TRASH has already hit BB. That Hélder moron apparently spouted off homophobic insults in front of, well, a homosexual guy (and the others backed him up). The older people on social media support him too, while the younger are ripping him apart. So, yeah, reality show controversy... it's happening.

21 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Mere days later, TRASH has already hit BB. That Hélder moron apparently spouted off homophobic insults in front of, well, a homosexual guy (and the others backed him up). The older people on social media support him too, while the younger are ripping him apart. So, yeah, reality show controversy... it's happening.

Those Claudio Ramos videos that surfaced tho :hahaha:

I also love how he is always with such a straight face hosting this trash. Like Big Brother is the most serious show ever. I am dire need of the unfunny jokes of Teresa Guilherme.

• Haha 1

i have no great interest in HBO Max in general with exception to the fact that Tokyo Vice is the most excited I've ever been for a tv show. and who knows when that'll release.

Edited by CoolioD1

31 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i have no great interest in HBO Max in general with exception to the fact that Tokyo Vice is the most excited I've ever been for a tv show. and who knows when that'll release.

I'm excited for the Fukunaga/Nicole Kassell "Last of the Mohicans" show. They're betting big on Mann/properties adapted by Mann.

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

I'm excited for the Fukunaga/Nicole Kassell "Last of the Mohicans" show. They're betting big on Mann/properties adapted by Mann.

courting the blackhat fanbase is a small move.

i forgot they also have the Hiro Murai Station Eleven adaptation. looking forward to that one of my favourite books of the last decade and i've been waiting for him to do a big project like that.

Edited by CoolioD1

43 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Don't you live in the UK? All HBO Max content will be on Sky and HBO Max won't be coming to the UK until like 2025 at the earliest so you'll probably get to watch Tokyo Vice without even getting HBO Max.

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

not that hyped for max originals either but I can't wait for Euphoria S2 and House of the Dragon GoT spin-off.

from what they announced so far HBO originals > Max Originals 

HBO Max somehow has original programming that sounds even weaker than what Disney+ offered. AT&T really be the kings of mis-management.